How do I increase brightness without washed out colors?

Interlacing shader and black-frame insert reduces the crt’s brightness brightness, any way to get around this?

if your CRT has any hardware controls, that’s the best way to do it. You can also use the image-adjustment shader to increase the “luminance”, but that will introduce some clipping in some colors.

I had the same issue with increasing brightness washing out the black levels while the contrast was already at maximum. I was able to increase brightness much more by maxing out the color channels on the monitor in the color adjustment menu. The resulting image is quite bright even with the interlacing shader halving brightness, with a 9300K white point.

The ability to change color settings like this depends on the CRT. The CRT monitor I use, a Dell branded e771p, has this option but some others might not.

I have the same monitor! Well, I got a few in the attic but currently using a Dell e781mm which is supposedly the same display with speakers (Online specs show lower pixel density).

I was able to get brighter colors with your advice but having the values set too high messes up the colors (reds creep onto blacks from the side, outlines become blue). I don’t know much about these things but the factory user values (60:44:50) match the 9300k mode so I kept that ratio with (75:55:63), which gave me a slightly brighter image without any issues. You don’t seem to have any issues with all the colors maxed out, though, so I’m going to try an actual e771p later and see how that turns out. Cheers for now!