How do i install RetroArch 1.6.0 on IOS 10.0.2 Jailbroken?

Hello I would like to install the latest build of RetroArch 1.6.0 on my iphone 6s on 10.0.2 Jailbreak.But the latest build its not a .deb file to install but a zip instead.If someone could please tell me how do i install it along with all the cores ill greatly appreciate it. Btw this is where i downloaded it from , if there is an other link if someone can link me,also the offical site install instructions for ios are broken so i coudnt read anything on how to install it. https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.6.0/apple/ios/RetroArch.zip

Thank You

BUMP ANYONE ???

No support :frowning:

Even the mods who approve this comments don’t know the anwser for this or they too lazy to awnser it … Its simple just how do i install this thing been trying to figure out for 2 days …

I don’t own any iDevices, never have. I’ve been approving your posts because they’re not spam (the main purpose of the moderation is for spam prevention) and I figured someone on the forum might help. The user Incognit is particularly knowledgeable and helpful with regards to iOS but I haven’t seen him post in a while.

1 Like

seems reasonable , also for some reason the devs made 1.6.0 a zip file and not .DEB File (install-able executable for iphone) might be just the not compiled version of it, cause from what i am aware older versions 1.3.6- are .DEB files and can be installed on the iphone,the reason prolly behind this is so it can be installed on official non jailbroken iphones which requires your self to compile it which i have no knowledge of nor the dev account to do it from what i understand.On the other hand the cydia source thats available for retroarch is rlly outdated.Also on the main download page when install instructions is clicked under ios doesnt bring u anywhere… Hope someone compiles this thing would be really thankfull

5 Days still nothing BUMMMPPPP

download the app from link below and install it using cydia impactor( google it).

after you install it you will be ready to use it. But if you want to be like deb(cydia) apps, then you need to follow these steps: 1- use filza app from cydia to copy Retroarch.app from this directory(/var/containers/bundle/Application/RetroArch) to (/Application/) 2- install or reinstall activator from cydia to help retroarch to be installed. 3- Before you run Retroarch check the this directory (var/mobile/documents/RetroArch) and delete “config” folder or file then run Retroarch to extract assets. 4- go to (/Application/Retroarch.app) and delete assets.zip 5- move the folder modules from (/Application/Retorach.app) to (var/mobile/documents/RetroArch) steps 4 and 5 will free up storage on that place. 6- now you need to tell retorarch where the cores are located. Run retroarch settings>directory>core dir = (var/mobile/documents/RetroArch/modules). 7- optional for the roms(games) retroarch settings>directory> File browser Dir = (var/mobile/documents/RetroArch/Roms(games folder). 8- double tap on home button while retroarch running will save the new settings.

1 Like

Thanks alot appreciate it