How do i install retroarch on ios 8.4?

I tried the url link that was given to me, but it’s not working, how do i install it?

go to this link: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/ios/

And grab the latest.

After you unpack on your pc, it’ll be a retroarch.app folder.

You need to use SSH to copy this folder to the /Applications folder on your phone.

For the application icon to show up, I had to go on Cydia and install a random application. This allowed the icon to popup.

Once installed, goto the online updater , core updater, and download all the required cores. Also overlays so you can use the touchscreen.

Wait what? How do you get Cydia on 8.4? I’m excited…

Bought an iPhone for $200 recently and fixed it… works flawless but I was forced to go to 8.4

What do I use to break? TaiG 2.2.0? I heard it’s only a semi-break and it doesn’t work proper.

Any possible way to jailbreak 8.4 and load cydia, then install RetroArch would be great. I’d use iFunBox though with 1.0.0.2 for now.

[QUOTE=Darnassus;24381]Wait what? How do you get Cydia on 8.4? I’m excited…

Bought an iPhone for $200 recently and fixed it… works flawless but I was forced to go to 8.4

What do I use to break? TaiG 2.2.0? I heard it’s only a semi-break and it doesn’t work proper.

Any possible way to jailbreak 8.4 and load cydia, then install RetroArch would be great. I’d use iFunBox though with 1.0.0.2 for now.[/QUOTE]

^^ This is a untethered working JB. I have it installed atm working flawless.

[QUOTE=links2586;24378]go to this link: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/ios/

And grab the latest.

You need to use SSH to copy this folder to the /Applications folder on your phone.

For the application icon to show up, I had to go on Cydia and install a random application. This allowed the icon to popup.

Once installed, goto the online updater , core updater, and download all the required cores. Also overlays so you can use the touchscreen.[/QUOTE]

I put the RetroArch.app folder in /Applications/ and got the icon to show up on my iPod’s home screen, but it crashes immediately on opening the app. Is there an .ipa I can install or something? Why doesn’t the Cydia repo http://www.libretro.com/cydia work anymore?

[QUOTE=lvl1quepie;24412]I put the RetroArch.app folder in /Applications/ and got the icon to show up on my iPod’s home screen, but it crashes immediately on opening the app. Is there an .ipa I can install or something? Why doesn’t the Cydia repo http://www.libretro.com/cydia work anymore?[/QUOTE] After you drag it to application folder, you need to open the retroarch.app and change the retroarch file permissions to 755, then it will run… ish.

Ah, thank you so much! That worked! Whew.

P.S. Thanks for the quick reply.

[QUOTE=links2586;24378]go to this link: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/ios/

And grab the latest.

Once installed, goto the online updater , core updater, and download all the required cores. Also overlays so you can use the touchscreen.[/QUOTE]

I’ve gotten all the way to the last step where I update/download the cores and overlays from within the app. However, hitting the buttons on the menu doesn’t do anything… does anyone else have this problem?

{edit} Nevermind, the gui is just wonk.

[QUOTE=lvl1quepie;24418]I’ve gotten all the way to the last step where I update/download the cores and overlays from within the app. However, hitting the buttons on the menu doesn’t do anything… does anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE] The regular interface doesn’t work properly, at the top right corner is the word switch, hit that and it will take you to an alternate gui which will work, and then you can download the cores.

This is annoying, i really want the cydia build, but thats crashing on me, the only reason why i jailbroke my iPad

They say that they’re getting close to a stable release, I sure hope so if just for btstack support… Retroarch is also the only reason I still jailbreak so I feel ya.

Well lets hope they’ll pull it out soon on Cydia, i hate this build it yourself idea, it’s also the only n64 emulator available :frowning:

Go to http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/ios/ and download the stable 1.0.0.2, which was what was in the libretro cydia repo, instead of the new nightly build with the wonk gui. That’s what i ended up doing.

{edit} Actually, i got 1.0.0.2 up and running but i always get a “Failed to load content” with every core and rom. I’ve already set permissions to 777 for all my roms and the folders they’re in. (I’m a noob to file permissions and other Terminal stuff, is setting stuff to full permission, which is 777, risky in any way?)

i been trying to follow instructions but i been unsucesfull i have Ifile and don’t know how and where to install the down loaded files

Same here, im really lost with the tutorial

The download should be a zip containing a folder named “RetroArch.app”. Put the “RetroArch.app” folder in /Applications/ using iFile (or an SSH/FTP utility like WinSCP). Then, there is a file named “RetroArch” in the “RetroArch.app” folder. Go into its file properties and set permissions to 755 (see below). Completely power off your device and start it back up and the RetroArch app icon should be on the home screen and successfully open the app. (The problem i have now is that the app isn’t loading roms and stuff, but I installed it completely and successfully using the steps above.)

755 means: user can read, write, execute group can read, execute world can read, execute

It’s really fairly simple.

Download a stable build from cydia. Big boss still has an old one up.

Download the nightly from the buildbot. Unrar to your desktop. http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/ios/

Go into cydia download openssh.

Download winscp on your windows computer.

Go into settings click on wifi and there you will see your ip for your phone. Enter that into winscp User will be “root” Password will be “alpine” Hit connect answer yes to any popups.

Now you will see your root file structure. Navigate to var/stash/_1e8ffy(yours will be different it changes, but it’s in one of these folders)/applications/retroarch.app

On the right pane of winscp, on the left side in your computer. So find that folder you downloaded on the buildbot and drag its contents into the retroarch folder on your phone overwriting anything.

Once finished go into cydia. Download any random tweak and respring the iPhone and go to your app.

You will see the app icon has changed. Run the app. You will see a switch text in the top right side. Push it.

This will put you on a new gui that works.

Now load your games where ever you like on your phone with winscp. Put your bios in the .retroarch folder.

Which is var/mobile/documents/.retroarch (sometimes it’s a hidden folder just unhide it)

This is also where your savestates and configure files go.

Now also in var/mobile/documents

You can have an info folder a shaders folder and overlays folder. Where you can place core info files so instead of pcsxrearmed it actually says playstation. Or instead of muphen64plus it says Nintendo 64.

The shaders are obviously shaders you can cycle through if you want to change how it looks.

And overlays are for your controllers.

That’s pretty much it.

Retroarch.app folder to overwrite the Info.plist

I have 1.0.0.2.1 somewhere, I am still trying to find it. xD

it worked by moving the unzipped folder into /var/db/stash/_.rZNebY/Applications using Ifile i had to restart the phone and install some random cydia app but now i have a new problem when I select N64 Overlay the screen resolution goes small using only a portion of my iphone 6 plush screen seems to flicker and framerate is slow there is a lot of issues with my settings and overtime i select front end it crashes