How do I make the "Analog to Digital Type" Core-Specific?

I want to be able to use my analog stick in SNES games, but not in PS1/N64 games. I need to have this option disabled in PS1/N64 games so that using the analog stick doesn’t also press the d-pad, which may serve a different function. For example, in Goldeneye 007 having the “Analog to Digital Type” set to “Left Analog” makes the player look down as they move forward.

there is no straightforward method. I’ve been meaning to add this to core input remapping, maybe that would do the trick

Aw, so I can’t do it yet. I thought it would be doable via core input settings, but that changes the settings (excluding mapping) universally.

yeah it’s not there but I think it would work there, I’ll try to add that

I do this with core overrides. input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = “1” in my main retroarch.cfg and input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = “0” in the Mupen and Reicast configs. For Mednafen-PSX I have per game overrides to turn off dpad analog mode for the minority of games that support analog. Those overrides also have input_libretro_device_p1 = “517” in them to set the controller to dualshock mode.

Yeah I do the same thing but the override process is manual and “advanced” I guess It could be good to have everything under core input options work with rmp files

I just sent a pull request that will make core remaps save this too.