How do i use yabause

I’ve been trying to emulate other colsoles recently and I haven’t found any information of a guide on how to emulate Saturn games via yabause. how do I use yabause. also how to I get roms to work

do I need bios

do I need to extract rom files

is there any other things I need to know

please help

Check the wiki page for info on it: http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Yabause

OK, but do I need to extract zip files. When I do, it extracts Mrs and Mds files, do I need to convert them or am I doing something wrong?

Mdf and Mds files

I don’t know if it can handle mdf/mds files or not. I’ve only ever used ISO and bin/cue pairs.

mdf and mds files wont work, I tried, could I…

A. convert the files into bin and cue files

B. find Saturn ISOs

OK, so I managed to get yabause to work, but when I boot up the game there’s a black screen about a minute before the game starts, I think it has something to do with the bios but I don’t know what’s wrong. Help me

If it’s inside a zip archive, it has to decompress it first, which can take a long time, particularly on slower storage media.

It’s an extracted iso file. Also the Saturn startup screen doesn’t appear, neither does the video before the game start screen appear

do you have saturn_bios.bin in your system/bios directory? If not, go get a copy and see if that changes anything.

ok so I have a bin/cue pair of nights into dreams, but i’m still trying to find suitable BIOS, I have a us rom and renamed it to what to Saturn_bios.bin. and now instead of getting a black screen I’m bambared with yellow lines like you would see on an old television, any ideas

It’s been like that for months now with the yellow lines on the screen no matter which game you boot.

ok, is there any way we can report this so that it takes top priority in things to fix? if not I think there should be

Yellow lines for me, too. Hope it could be solved.

BTW I found uoYabause for Android, it successfully loads Saturn games and it supports mdf/mds.