How I can active gamemode in retroarch in ubuntu?

I already installed the gamemode that is in github, but when trying to activate it in retroarch, it tells me that it is not installed or running that mode, could someone help me with that, please

What version of Ubuntu are you using? Latest versions already have gamemode that you can install with apt-get.

1 Like

Ubuntu 21.10 , and no I did not have the gamemode installed, I had to install it myself with the Github link, but it appears that it is not activated and I do not know how to activate it myself , Can you help me , please

Just remove the one installed from GitHub and install from the repository with sudo apt install gamemode.

1 Like

Yeah, Ubuntu 21.10 has a gamemode package already:

https://packages.ubuntu.com/impish/gamemode

Just install it as metchebe showed. You might have to reboot after installing it.

Ok , I gonna Try , Thanks

“Reading package list… Done Building dependency tree… Done Reading status information… Done gamemode is already in its most recent version (1.6.1-1). 0 updated, 0 new to install, 0 to remove, and 0 not updated.” , but still does not work in retroarch

What’s the output of:

systemctl --user status gamemoded.service

gamemoded.service - gamemoded Loaded: loaded (/etc/xdg/systemd/user/gamemoded.service; disabled; vendor > Active: active (running) since Sat 2022-01-22 13:56:00 -03; 11min ago Main PID: 3114 (gamemoded) Status: “GameMode is currently deactivated.” Tasks: 2 (limit: 9342) Memory: 1.1M CPU: 67ms CGroup: /user.slice/user-1000.slice/[email protected]/app.slice/gamemoded.> └─3114 /usr/bin/gamemoded

Hm. Maybe you need to add yourself to the gamemode group. If there is such a group on Ubuntu, that is.

I don’t know how you installed gamemode to begin with from github. Maybe you messed something up? How exactly did you install it?

Also, what’s the output of:

cat /etc/group | grep gamemode

And the output of:

groups
with this , and follow this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gyRyYfyGJw

What did you do from that video? And what’s the output of the other commands I asked?

I search how to activate gamemode , and a I pick up the first video xd , and the command , Nothing happens

OK, so what’s the error you get from retroarch when you to enable gamemode?

ok give me a second , because I gonna traslate the message , because is the spannish language xd

“error accessing gamemode , check that the gamemode service is installed and running”

Did you forget to reboot your PC after installing it?

What is the log error from retroarch? To see it, enable logging in Settings->Logging and then start retroarch from a terminal. It will show a bunch of stuff on the terminal. This is where you’ll see the full error message when you try to enable gamemode.

Yes , I reboot my pc when I Install the gamemode , how I can run retroarch on the terminal I never used like that

Enter retroarch I guess?

did you mean , I have to enter retroarch aplicaction? . because when I enter to retroarch and select the gamemode the notificacion said “error accessing gamemode , check that the gamemode service is installed and running”