How to change from XMB to RGUI theme

Hello,

I was having trouble using the RGUI theme a few versions back as I use a remote desktop connection to configure my machine and I couldn’t get RGUI to display big enough to see it, so someone helped me change it to the XMB theme.

It’s almost a year later now, and all the tutorial videos for other things I’m trying to do use the RGUI theme so in order to be able to follow along, I’d like to switch back to that theme, but I don’t know how.

I tried changing the menu driver in the menu to RGUI, but it was already set to that, although the XMB theme is still in use.

I then looked in retroarch.cfg for an entry with XMB in it, because that’s what I thought I did to change it to XMB in the first place, but there is nothing with XMB in it in the retroarch.cfg file.

I’d appreciate some assistance with this.

Thanks in advance,

–Jason

I might have gotten my theme names backwards… I want to go from the black and green “DOS” looking theme to the blue theme you can use a mouse with that looks much more modern. Did I get the names wrong in the post above??

Nevermind… I had my theme names backwards… I found I could add menu_driver = “rgui” and change that to xmb to get what I want.

Maybe this will help someone in the future.

Thanks,

–J