How to configure mouse as light gun? And light gun as mouse?

Great Reading guys!

So I should just update to the latest nightly and maybe also my cores, right?

I must test NES and SNES games on my Win7 PC asap! :smiley: Any good titles on the above systems btw? Only remeber Duck Hunt lol

Also, did anyone got PS1 games working?

Cheers!

There is now a bounty for adding support for multiple mice / light guns: https://www.bountysource.com/issues/43321776-multiple-mice-support

Donate early and donate often ā€“ maybe we can check that off the light gun support wishlist! :smiley:

1 Like

This is great timing actually. Light-Guns has been on my to-do list for a while using Wii-motes and a sensor bar.

Though I donā€™t use the ā€œDolphin Barā€ I use the deluxe wireless wii bar from nintendo.

Honestly, if you are just looking for sensor input I know that even just 2 little tea-lite candles will work. All the bar does (traditionally) is supply 2 infrared lights as a reference for the wii-motes. I actually used the candle trick when my first wii-bar cord snapped.

Maybe itā€™s just something with the dolphin bar that causes the stuttering? Iā€™ll try setting mine up with this stuff this week/end and report back.

1 Like

Wow! This wanā€™t easy at all!

Tried the Nestopia core and could not find the mouse options anywhere User Device Type coudl only be set to Retro Pad and Retro Pad w/ Analog

Is this feature not yet available in the Windows verison?

Any hints settng up mouse control would be sweet. Have updatet my cores and downloaded the latest nightly from today :ā€™(

(Other no-gun games works perfectly fine. Have multiple systems up running)

Thankx in advance

Iā€™m trying to get my mouse / trackball setup in MAME and/or MAME2016.

In MAME2003, with no additional configuration, the mouse/trackball just works. Here is the MAME2003 config controls menu for duck hunt. Here is the MAME or MAME2016 config controls menu for the same game. No matter what I do from the GUI, Iā€™m not able to get MAME/MAME2016 to recognize thereā€™s a mouse connected.

My mame.ini shows mouse enabled and lightgun should be controlled from the mouse:

CORE INPUT OPTIONS

coin_lockout 1 ctrlr
mouse 1 joystick 1 lightgun 1 multikeyboard 0 multimouse 0 steadykey 0 ui_active 0 offscreen_reload 0 joystick_map auto joystick_deadzone 0.3 joystick_saturation 0.85 natural 0 joystick_contradictory 0 coin_impulse 0

CORE INPUT AUTOMATIC ENABLE OPTIONS

paddle_device keyboard adstick_device keyboard pedal_device keyboard dial_device keyboard trackball_device mouse lightgun_device mouse positional_device keyboard mouse_device mouse

Iā€™m assuming this is somehow hardcoded into MAME2003? What am I missing to get mouse / trackball / lightgun enabled in MAME/MAME2016.

For Nestopia, you donā€™t need to do anything but make sure you have NstDatabase.xml (available from the nestopia github repo) and the zapper mouse functionality will kick in automatically.

So I just got my Zapper this week for my Wii mote and then I came back to this post, but it seems that this function is still not well developed, or am I wrong?

Well, in overall, is Retroarch capable to work with the dolphin bar with all its core (i.e., psx games, sega saturn, etc) or it all depends of the each? So far in this thread I have seen that you guys are discussing about nestopia, but what about the other cores?

Fairly certain only a couple of cores have the capability.

Gen GX core but thereā€™s know bugs MAME cores work (not sure about all of them) Nothing for PSX I guess same for Saturn Bsnes works I think

Thatā€™s about all I know

I see the situation then. I hope that my MAME system (which I am using the fb alpha) works with the light gun. If not, then I would have to assign alternate emulators in my rocketlauncher. I just imagine how long that will take me lol.

@bad_boo, @zachmorris or anyone else still interested in this issue. There have been big updates to the mouse input system (at least for the ā€˜rawā€™ and ā€˜udevā€™ input drivers) over the last week which make it possible to assign individual mice to individual players via the input settings menus. This should be available to all cores, but has been tested primarily with the MAME 2003 core to date.

2 Likes

Very interesting. For androi?

Can android use the udev input_driver setting? If so, yes.

If not, then what is the most common android input driver where people would want to use multiple mice?

Sorry those details are above my headā€¦

Maybe someone else can chip inā€¦i will try and have a look later today

Thanks for the notice, I will update the cores and check that again.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great news. I might be able to shoe-horn my wii-mote into a mouse and wiggle that into RA after all!

1 Like

If you are using linux, you can use moltemgamepad. This allow use wiimote like a gamepad. I have added a pull request that allow you to calibrate the wiimote inside the Game, so you can aim with good presition.

1 Like

Just wondering, is there perhaps a bounty for dolphinbar support in Windows RetroArch? Iā€™d personally drop at least $25 on that.

1 Like

Youā€™re about two days too late :slight_smile: @casdevel just added Dolphinbar support to the Windows raw input driver.

Now if you wanted to put $25 on a bounty for Dolphinbar support in Linux I would not complain. :sunglasses:

It doesnā€™t work in linux anymore? When I tried it a couple of years ago, it worked just fine in linux but not in Windows.

@hunterk do you know what Linux input driver had Dolphinbar support? Several retropie users have tested this recently without luck. I havenā€™t had a chance yet myself but my understanding is that they were trying the udev input driver.