How to configure mouse as light gun? And light gun as mouse?

IIRC, udev is what I used at the time. I guess I should go get my dolphinbar and test again…

@hunterk Please don’t feel obligated to test, but if you do have the setup in place to test the Dolphinbar with udev that would be great. This is the issue where everything is going down, if you haven’t seen it: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/5215

I put together a live Ubuntu environment to try to test this but I’m having some unrelated problems (compilation issues, flatpak not including udev) that have thrown up roadblocks to me testing this myself. I will eventually get to it though!

use the linux compilation guide from buildbot, it should have all the necessary libs already. check also when you type ./configure to see whats missing

Thank you. I had missing dependencies when I followed the Ubuntu compilation guide but I also had a permissions error even though I was using sudo. I’m going to flatten and reinstall next time I have an opportunity to work on this. If that error happens again during compilation I’ll post the details

@markwkidd that’s awesome! Is there anything I can do to get that working on my end with my current build of RetroArch (1.6.7)?

Just got around to trying it and it works fine, if a bit overly sensitive, using linuxraw, nestopia and dolphinbar mode 2.

1 Like

Ah hah, that’s great to know.

I will fix the input driver docs now, because they say the linuxraw driver only works with keyboards and joysticks doesn’t support “Mice, etc.”

All of the testing I’ve been doing with casdevel on the windows raw input driver and the unix uvdev input driver have been with the Dolphinbar set to Mode 1.

@hunterk does your configuration also work in Mode 1 or is 2 necessary for linuxraw support?

i think mode 1 (or genuine adapter) will need a kind of middleware

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=How_to_use_the_Official_GameCube_Controller_Adapter_for_Wii_U_in_Dolphin

http://zadig.akeo.ie/

Mode 1 (“standard keyboard and mouse”) is working fine here in casdevel’s new input debugger core as well as in MAME 2003 when used via the Windows raw input driver and in in Ubuntu 17.04 when RetroArch is compiled from casdevel’s personal udev input driver branch (hopefully will be merged into RetroArch very soon).

It seems like I need to set up Nestopia and try it out with the same configuration in Dolphinbar Mode 1 and Mode 2. I don’t really know anything about that Core yet, time to figure it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

my fault, i’m talking about the mayflash gamecube adapter, sorry

There’s not much to figure out, thankfully. Just make sure you have the NstDatabase.xml from the nestopia repo in your system/BIOS directory and it will automatically handle setting up zappers and whatnot.

@hunterk Last question I think: could you tell me what ROM you are using with Nestopia when you test your Wiimote/Dolphinbar?

Duck Hunt (World).nes

Or Trick Shooting is another i tried with a mouse

I can confirm that Dolphinbar Mode 1 also works with Nestopia / Dunk Hunt (World) in Ubuntu 170.04 with the linuxraw driver.

That means RetroArch has multimouse support with Windows raw and udev, along with absolute mouse support with Windows raw, udev(*after one more PR) and linuxraw. Nice!

I’ll mention that I think that the Wiimote’s movement is more than overly sensitive. With the same configuration and at the same distance, I’ve been getting much better movement in MAME 2003 with both udev and Windows raw. There may be an issue somewhere.

Do you have an android device?

I’m afraid not. Is that the platform you’re using?

Mainly shield tv.

I just ordered a dolphinbar. Been meaning to for a while

I got all there gear and no idea!!

How is it best to test the dolphinbar usage across different cores?

You might first try to make sure it works in our ‘reference’ configuration: Area 51 in MAME 2003

What input drivers do you have access to?