How to connect PS4 dualshock4 to RetroArch1.2.2 with btstack? [iOS9.0.2 jb]

Hi,

Thanks to Zero2029, RetroArch running good on my iPhone6 9.0.2 (panggu jb with appsync). I just bought a PS4 game controller dualshock4, but I don’t know how to connect it to RetroArch1.2.2.

I know that ‘Controller for All’ is not support iOS9 currently. It may working further days https://twitter.com/cjori/status/658038288243118080. But BTStack is working https://github.com/bluekitchen/btstack/issues/10. RetroArch seems support only using BTStack to connect wireless controller.

I already using ‘Sixaxis Pair Pool’ Change Master to my iPhone6 bluetooth MAC address. But retoarch seems didn’t found any device. Anyone can help? RetroArch_iOS compiled and running success with XCode7 on my macbook, I can provider logs if needed.

Zhuo

[QUOTE=fuzhuo;29932]Hi,

Thanks to Zero2029, RetroArch running good on my iPhone6 9.0.2 (panggu jb with appsync). I just bought a PS4 game controller dualshock4, but I don’t know how to connect it to RetroArch1.2.2.

I know that ‘Controller for All’ is not support iOS9 currently. It may working further days https://twitter.com/cjori/status/658038288243118080. But BTStack is working https://github.com/bluekitchen/btstack/issues/10. RetroArch seems support only using BTStack to connect wireless controller.

I already using ‘Sixaxis Pair Pool’ Change Master to my iPhone6 bluetooth MAC address. But retoarch seems didn’t found any device. Anyone can help? RetroArch_iOS compiled and running success with XCode7 on my macbook, I can provider logs if needed.

Zhuo[/QUOTE]

Cant believe its working with iOS 9, thought it was dead. Well, mmm. Good question, any help? Let me see what can i do.

looking forward to that

looking forward to that. I gotta tell you that btstack and controllers for all are working great on ios 8.4 jailbreak taij , but retroarch does not detect it , when you launch retroarch controllers for all initializes and detects retroarch app as a game but it does not work inside the app and there is no setting for it inside retroarch. my ps3 controller works great in ppsspp and other games ,but not working in retroarch.

[QUOTE=Austin-316;29949]looking forward to that. I gotta tell you that btstack and controllers for all are working great on ios 8.4 jailbreak taij , but retroarch does not detect it , when you launch retroarch controllers for all initializes and detects retroarch app as a game but it does not work inside the app and there is no setting for it inside retroarch. my ps3 controller works great in ppsspp and other games ,but not working in retroarch.[/QUOT

On ios 8, btstack turned on automatically, without CFA. So you can map the buttons and you are good to go.

On ios 8.4 taij, I disabled CFA but when you launch retroarch 1.2.2 (latest october build) btstack does not start, so you can’t connect to the already paired PS3 controller, BUT i turned on CFA and when I launched retroarch 1.2.2 it was recognised as a game by CFA , so I went to input settings and tried to bind the keys to the controller and It WORKED , I played a game with it ,it was very good and responsive, but the problem is the Start/ Select button and the analogs ,I mapped them to the controller , But they do not work , if you could get us a proper input configuration, that would be great. I’m sure if CFA gets updated for ios 9 it will work there two , I hope this information is helpful.

OMG, great news! So we only need CFA to be updated so we can enjoy on iOS 9! Did you select Retro with analog?

Yes I did. But like said before, the Select Start buttons and the analogs are not working even if they are mapped, this problem happened previuosly on version 1.001, at that time btstack was working well with retroarch without CFA, but now the input configuration needs to be made to work with CFA fully or full support with btstack.

Have you selected Retropad with analog, and left analog?

Off course i did still not working

Try eith the CFA. update.

I updated CFA to 1.7.2 today , the analog sticks, R3/L3 and select /start button are still not working, I’m using PS3 controller, other buttons are working fine. I tested on the latest nightly 1.2.2 on iOS 8.4

Start and Select have never worked. But at least you can use an older version.

Im on a ipad mini 2, 9 ios, RA 1.22, last update from Cydia, but cant even make the DS3 connect to Retroarch nor C4All, looks like the BTstack is not working. i try connecting the DS3 on other emulators and they all work fine. am i missing something? Cant see a bluetooth connect option in the RA menu…

Just want to say first, thanks for the hard work getting retroarch working on iOS 9! My wife and love retroarch! We do have a request though. We used to be able to play games together on 2 player modes on various games on iOS 8 with retroarch using BTstack. Seems like we can’t do that anymore though, or maybe there’s a way to do it on the new version but we don’t know. I was hoping you guys could work on making retroarch playable for 2 people again. Thanks so much!!