How to disable menu scrolling on L2/R2 in RetroArch?

Hi, how can I disable menu scrolling when pressing L2/R2 in RetroArch?

L2 and R2 move the menu up/down and I want them not to affect menu navigation at all .

What is the correct way to unbind this? Is it controlled by the main cfg, controller autoconfig, or something else?

I want to disable it because I mapped R2 to open the menu, and every time I press it the menu opens and starts scrolling down on its own. In the previous version of RetroArch this didn’t happen.

Thanks.

I still haven’t fixed it yet

I’m using the 2001 Xbox joypad. This is my autoconfig “Microsoft X-Box pad v2 (US).cfg”:

input_driver = "udev"
input_device = "Microsoft X-Box pad v2 (US)"
input_vendor_id = "1118"
input_product_id = "649"
input_b_btn = "0"
input_y_btn = "3"
input_select_btn = "6"
input_start_btn = "7"
input_up_btn = "h0up"
input_down_btn = "h0down"
input_left_btn = "h0left"
input_right_btn = "h0right"
input_a_btn = "1"
input_x_btn = "4"
input_l_axis = "+2"
input_r_axis = "+5"
input_l2_btn = "5"
input_r2_btn = "2"
input_l3_btn = "8"
input_r3_btn = "9"
input_l_x_plus_axis = "+0"
input_l_x_minus_axis = "-0"
input_l_y_plus_axis = "+1"
input_l_y_minus_axis = "-1"
input_r_x_plus_axis = "+3"
input_r_x_minus_axis = "-3"
input_r_y_plus_axis = "+4"
input_r_y_minus_axis = "-4"

EDIT: maybe i SOLVED setting input_r2_btn = "null"

It is not possible as it is “hardcoded”.

Strangely enough, there is leftover? in retroarch.cfg (menu_scroll_down_btn) which is never used ?

So, you should use another binding to open the menu.

1 Like