How to even get RetroArch working?

Hi,

Sorry to bother you all, but I can’t seem to get RetroArch running on my Android Device at all. Comes up with a message saying “Unfortunately, RetroArch has stopped” instantly as soon as I tap the Application on my Device’s Screen.

My current Android Device is a HTC One M8 (Unlocked) Phone. The exact same problem was also happening on my Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (Unlocked) Phone.

Tried Searching about the issue on Google & the RetroArch Forums and I’ve had no luck finding anything about the problem what-so-ever.

So would anyone have an idea why RetroArch doesn’t work on any of my Phones at all?

Thanks.

I know it should definitely work on S3, so there’s something going on with your setup. The first things to try would be completely removing the application and trying one of the nightlies, either from lordashram’s builds in the ‘development’ subforum or perhaps these: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2008#p14993

If they force-close the same way, you should try to get a log output. There are a variety of free apps that can help you with this, but I use .Logcat (notice the leading period).

Same problem, HTC M8. Rooted, Running Android Revolution. Force closes doing anything, also noticed when running for the first time it doesn’t seem to do the “extracting assets” process that it does on my other Android devices.

BTY MAME4droid (0.139u1) also does the same thing but MAME4droid (0.37b5) if fine

Any idea on what’s going on or a link to another Android build would be appreciated.

I’ve tried searching and using the link from the previous response but am getting nowhere.

If it’s still force-quitting for you, both with the Play Store’s version and the one from lordashram, I think we’ll need a logcat to figure anything else out.