How to get ipega 9025 controller to work on Retroarch 1.2 nightly

I have BTstack and controllers for all working, but when I connect none of the buttons on the controller work with the game I’m playing using snes emulator.

am I missing something? It connects fine just can’t play the game cuz the buttons. Do I need to map them? How do I map the controller to retroarch? Is there a Bluetooth config for retroarch to get it to work?

BTstack is built-in and CFA currently doesn’t work with RetroArch AFAIK. Turn off CFA and use the built-in BTstack.

Okay but once I do that, what do I do to get the controller working on the nightly build? Thanks for the reply. :3

There used to be a BTstack button, but I think it’s missing at the moment. I believe there’s a plan to bring it back. I think the guy behind CFA is supposed to give us a patch to get it working again, too.

[QUOTE=hunterk;24650]There used to be a BTstack button, but I think it’s missing at the moment. I believe there’s a plan to bring it back. I think the guy behind CFA is supposed to give us a patch to get it working again, too.[/QUOTE] Personally I prefer btstack over cfa for retroarch due to cfa using the mfi drivers which mean quite a few buttons on the ds3/ds4 don’t work, btstack on the other hand while slightly unstable gives you access to all the buttons on these controllers.

So I have to wait til next week for 1.2 to be released for iOS before I can use my controller? I can wait. I love this app.

Hi, the problem is RA and not CFA, since the last update CFA working perfectly on all emulators and also on RA 1.0, the issue is only on 1.2. I also tested with my Ipega 9023, and success only 1 time to sync and use my controller with the latest Nigthly build 1.2 with also Start button working, so we need a fix in RA for future the stable release to support correctly CFA.

Also, for Ipega controllers we need CFA to work because it’s the only way to use it, we can use the icade or keyboard mode, but very high latency and we can’t map all controls, so CFA is the only way to use our Ipega controllers with RA.

:wink: