How to get Mupen64plus

HI -

I have two PC’s that i run retroarch and my home media center on.

PC1: Test box PC2: Production (living room TV - wife and kids are involved here)

On my test box i have Mupen64plus and works 100% flawless.

I loaded up Retroarch on my production box and Mupen64plus is not in the core dowloads.

I updated the core via the online updater but it doesnt show up

sorry if this is a dumb question - but how do i get Mupen64plus on my production box? same version of Retroarch was loaded.

Only difference is the production box is win7 -

The test box is win10

is that my issue?

By the way - Ridiculously Awesome Application … well done on this one - amazing performance

So I solved this problem by following these instructions - hopefully this was the right thing to do

Go to Settings. Go to User Interface. Make sure that “Show Advanced Settings” is set to ON. Go back once. Go to Network. Go to “Updater”, all the way at the bottom. Set “Buildbot Cores URL” to the following: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/armhf/latest2.3k Press enter. Press escape, and re-enter RetroArch. Try to download cores again.

Now - when i run my emulator i get a black screen - i hear the sounds of the game so i know its working. Can anyone help solve the black screen problem?

You downloaded an armhf build, which I’m very surprised that it did anything at all. My guess is that you installed the MSVC build of RetroArch, which is missing a lot of cores.

mupen64plus-libretro should be available from the online updater with the regular 64-bit build.

BOOM!

Ok yea not sure what happened here - but i completely removed the install and installed a new version 64bit - and the emulator is there and loaded.

Can you point me in some direction to get the black screen fixed?

I would hate to just start changing random video settings that i dont know wha tthey do.

Would a log help? video card of my pc? drivers on my pc?

How can i provide the most information here so that i dont waste your time?

A log could be helpful, yeah, but if it’s a black screen with audio, it’s probably not going to help much. What video driver are you using? Do you have any shaders loaded?

AMD Radeon HD 6670

In Retroarch i have it set to default Dinput for input driver and gl for video driver

no shaders

Hi -

This is a Bump.

Is there a page i can read about the Retroarch inputs and what they mean?

For example mine is set to Dinput and gl for video driver.

What does that mean?

All systems working 100% except for Nintendo64. I get a black screen. From reading around most posts lead to a video card and (or) driver, or driver setting.

Before i randomly start changing settings, and perhaps screw something else up … I was wondering if there is a post or help screen i can read about the driver inputs.

Many thanks in advance