How to load UME\MESS cores

i’m trying to load a mega drive game using ume\mess cores,(mega drive\genesis is fully supported on normal mess\ume x86 versions on pc),i select either one of the core,then choosing a game…and it brings me back to the rgui

This is the only documentation there is: http://www.libretro.com/index.php/mamemessume-cores

It’s limited to the softlist romset but it works fine.

thanks,while we’re at it,i tried the new mame core,and is amazing,outrunners runs full speed when the 0.139 version was slow.the problem with this is core is that some roms abruptly crashes to the rgui while loading.some of them i managed to make it run by updating the bios(though it would be nice to know which mame version this core is based on)while some others just refuse to run,even with recent bios(judging by the fact that the issue is the same,they start to load,and they go back to the rgui).is there a log file i can check to see what went wrong?so i ca hunt down the missing files(if that’s the issue)

Quite difficult to get a log on android. MAME is the current GIT so 0.160 I guess. You need up to date images and if it’s crashing on load then it’s probably an incorrect rom.

I’m trying with star gladiator,i got the latest one from the latest rom set (160),and still same deal :\

i managed to run tekken,the first one,which runs on the same hardware,and well…its slow…we’re still a long way from having mame 3d games playable in mame for android :\

anyway,the link posetd above talks about using a command line procedure…but how do i do that on android?

Did any of you try any cv1k (Cave SH-2) games on Android, by any chance? how is it running? thanks

I tried cave sh3 games, but it has 10-12 fps and unplayable. eolith game is worse. under 5 fps. nice.

This is not our fault. We do not develop MAME and we do not manufacture your device.

Does anyone here have a copy of the mess core for android or ume core?