How to remap a key to nothing?

Hi,

Under “PCE_Fast” core, I’m trying to disable the “User switch mode” button which lend to confusion when pressed…

• I’ve tried remaps without sucess (it can only accept an index number among exising buttons, and -1 crash the UI)
  • Changing the buttons assignement on .cfg files do not work also…
  • The only way to make it happen is to remove the button from the AutoConfig, but it remove it across all cores

Do you have other ideas?

Thank you

Bubs

Just remap it to R3. You’ll never press it accidentally again.

Thanks hunterk, that’s what I tried, but it’s my combo button for Menu (L3+R3) …

… So I tried to change Menu to Select + X (hotkeys), but … having Select as Menu make an information popup appear every time I access the menu … :confused:

Change the value for the key under controls and then save a core remap file from the controls menu.

Then you can try editting the value for the L2 key manually in the rmp file to something out of range (31) and see if that works.

Tried that, doesn’t work :frowning: … the only out of range value “accepted” is -1 … but it crash the UI when coming back to that menu

I always go into the control settings manually in whichever config file applies to that system/setup.

Then I change the control I want removed to “nul”

I’ve done this on a bunch of systems, 'cause I am ocd about this stuff, and having anything more than, say: D-Pad, Start, Select, B, & A mapped in the NES core is unacceptable to me lol

2 Likes