How to set default emulator for nes

I’m new to retroarch. I have set it up to use with hyperspin. But I have a question. I noticed that there are several different emulators for some platforms, like nes. How do I know which emulator retroarch is using, and how can I set a default, for example nestopia intead of bsnes.

thanks.

It depends on your setup but RetroArch doesn’t have any preference as to core you’re using and doesn’t have any built-in defaults or anything like that. Look at your launch command in hyperspin and it should have a part that looks like “-L C:\path o\something-libretro.dll” that specifies the core library. You can change that to use a different library if you like.

thanks, I didn’t know about that, still learning about retroarch. I imagine that some emulators are better than others to emulate some games or the compatibility list is bigger than others, so I’m not sure if I really need to choose a specific one or go with the default.

I don’t know where your defaults are coming from–like, if you downloaded a pack with things already setup or whatever–but you’re probably best off just using those defaults unless/until you find something lacking.