How to set up game information and thumbnails?

I’ve seen various pictures of RetroArch showing that when you select a game in your playlists, a thumbnail of the box art shows up and information about the game is displayed. (Release date, number of players, etc.) The only tutorials for setting up thumbnails are really old and outdated, and I can’t find ANYTHING on how to get game information set up.

I hear that RetroArch should have found the game info for me(?), but that’s not happening.

If anyone could tell me how to manually set up these things, that would be great! (I have a ROM that the playlist wouldn’t find, so I have to enter things in manually. I have no qualms about manually entering in info for all my other ROMs as well.)

RetroArch 1.6.7 with a Windows 8.1 computer.

I’m also kinda interested in finding this out, given how not every game has all of the information present (i.e. some info pages lack release year, developers, etc.). I myself am a Windows 10 user, though the RetroArch build is identical.

Alrighty. I figured out why the thumbnails and info weren’t working: my ROMs were named differently than RetroArch thought they should be. I just renamed the ROM’s name in the playlist file to the ‘correct’ version and everything seems to work fine.

Sad that I can’t edit the information myself (without compiling confusing stuff myself with the .rdb files), as I can see that causing problems for other people. (As well as game4brain’s problem with limited info.) Also, I didn’t want to have my ROMs named like this. Kinda sucks.

If anybody could fix this in a future update later, that’d be great. Kudos to you.