How to setup Dev Environment to compile RetroArch + Cores for 3DS?

Hey Guys,

I tried to setup all the stuff to compile RetroArch by myself but I always get errors while trying to compile the source from Github. That’s the reason why I ask for help. Could you tell me what I need to do to compile RetroArch + the Cores for 3DS? Which Tools and Programs I need to Install? Which Files do I need to download? What else I’ve to do to get the compiling to work?

Please help :confused:

is there a reason you want to compile it yourself instead of just using our nightly builds?

Sure, I want to modify and try some stuff.

In that case, you generally just need a regular build environment, the console’s custom toolchain and then clone libretro-super from github. It will generally have scripts that automate the rest.

If you want to do it manually instead of through super, you will need to build at least one core and then put that libretro.a into your RetroArch source tree and then build using the Makefile.ctr

Tried this already but I think I miss something. An error I get:

Still not able to compile this shit :confused:

Installed Devkitpro 1.5.4, Installed mingw-w64, downloaded smealums ctrulib and replaced the devkitpro ones with smealums System Variables are this: AEMSTRO => C:/devkitPro/msys CTRULIB => C:/devkitPro/libctru (smealums) DEVKITARM => C:/devkitPro/devkitARM DEVKITPRO => C:/devkitPro

Do I miss something? Cannot get the compiling to work :confused:

/push I’m not able to get this to work and I don’t know why…