How to unset a directory? (in Android)

Hello!

At the Directory configuration screen, for both Savefile and Savestate it says “If not set, will try to save inside the content file’s working directory.”.

That’s precisely the behavior I want: please save the state alongside the content files.

However, I cannot figure out how to unset a directory, in order to trigger this behavior. Can anyone shed some light?

(FYI, tested both RetroArch on Android phone and on Android TV.)

Try selecting the option and pressing retropad-start.

If by retropad-start you mean the key configured as Start button for player 1, then I’m sorry, but it did not work. Pressing it had no effect. (On my mobile phone (Play Store version, git commit a235c0b, glui driver); I haven’t tried on the Android TV yet.)

ok, try retropad-Y (I think it’s Y… if not, try X). Start is “return to default”. Y is “unset”.

I tried them. X (the one to the left) does nothing. Y (the one at the top) opens a “search” screen. The Select button opens the description (the “tooltip”) in a dialog. L/R work like page up/down. Start/L2/L3/R2/R3 don’t do anything. A lets me change the value, and B cancels and goes back. I tried all the buttons from my gamepad, and couldn’t find it.

Maybe a nice UI would be to add an option “leave unset” when we try to change the value of a directory.