How to update retroarch android

Hi, I use to update retroach with success on window retroarch copying .exe and degug .exe over the previous. But I use now on my shield tv retroarch android and I would like to know if someone could explain me the best way to update retroarch android witout lost of the settings. I m noob on android and don’t know how to update an apps wih the last nighties Thank for your help.

Regards

The Play store version will update automatically whenever we push a new version up, or you can use the Fdroid repo to automatically update nightly builds. I have a lot of problems with the Fdroid repo, though, so I just download apks from the buildbot and use:

adb install -r [filename].apk

You can also drop the apk onto shared network storage and install it through a file manager, like ES File Explorer or whatever.

Ok thanks for the tip ! I will try apk with a file explorer since my shiled is on my network. and all settings and config are saved during process without problem ? thanks

Yeah, it won’t mess with any settings during any update, just if you uninstall/reinstall. Even then, I think most things persist in the user-writeable RetroArch directory in your local storage.

ok thank you so much for the tips regards