How to use BTstack with RetroArch nightlies?

Ok, so I finally managed to get a RetroArch nightly build working by downloading from the buildbot directly to my iPad and installing it manually from there. However, I don’t see an option for Bluetooth Input in the settings, and ControllersForAll doesn’t seem to work in-game. How do I use bluetooth controllers with RetroArch nightlies?

CFA uses the iOS MFI layout. Só some buttons will not work. Not sure about btstack since I can’t make ir work too.

Necroing a deadish thread but I have the same question, cfa is currently mia for iOS 8.3/8.4 so btstack is the only option but the nightly interface is a trainwreck trying to find the option for bluetooth. It was fairly simple in 1.0.0.2.1 but I’m at a loss with the nightly, any help?

same issue here, it appears there is no longer a frontend (which crashed on me in both 1.0.0.1 and 1.0.0.2 on ios 8.4

okay, just make a file called frontend.cfg and set these options in it (change if you want)

ios_tv_mode = “false” ios_btmode = “btstack” ios_allow_portrait = “true” ios_allow_portrait_upside_down = “true” ios_allow_landscape_left = “true” ios_allow_landscape_right = “true”

save and put it in the .RetroArch folder that’s hidden inside /private/var/mobile/Documents

works for me anyway, although i had to use an older BTstack deb (btstack_0.8-3.deb) https://www.dropbox.com/s/t52j1agunwq39lq/btstack_0.8-3.deb <–this is not my file i take no responsibility for it, download at your own risk… that being said, i use it and have no problems on jailbroken iOS 8.4

simply loaded up BTstack from settings - changed active bluetooth stack to BTstack, then fired up retroarch 1.0.0.2 from there i had to set my active joypad to wiimote+classic or w/e

to get 1.0.0.2 i just installed 1.0.0.1 from cydia, then went to http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/ios/ - downloaded the RetroArch-ios-v1.0.0.2.zip - extracted it overtop of the RetroArch.app folder in Applications - then chmod 0777 -R RetroArch.app and chown root:admin -R RetroArch.app (from the Applications folder) not sure if these steps are necessary but it’s what worked for me.

i also had to reconfigure my wiimote button mapping, not sure why the autodetect cfg wasn’t working, but was as simple as going in and remapping keys and saving the new cfg no big de

this post is a mess and it’s hard to understand, sorry about that, i offer no excuses, lol

edit: well crap, the whole topic here was whether this works on the nightlys or not, which i have no clue, oh well, hopefully someone will find this information useful anyway.

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman, I got it working with 1.0.0.2.1 so I can live with that, although the ds3 looses connections sometimes its better then no ds3 whatsoever, now till the nightlys get the btstack support. Edit: the new btstack works just as well for me as 8.3, ie it cuts in and out, but still when it works…

Are you guys managing to get your screen to scale with that old version? I started using nightly because the overlay scale was all wonky on iPhone 6+

Both btstack and controllersforall have been updated but neither seems to work on the nightly’s with a dualshock 3, so it appears the only way to currently use them semi properly is to use the old 1.0.0.1 or 1.0.0.2.1, I guess its just awaiting game now till the bugs are ironed out.

I’m on iPhone 6. Sorry

Is your overlay scaled completely to your screen though?