How to use cheat code for RetroArch IOS v1.0.0.1

Hello everybody, I am a new user of RetroArch IOS. I would like to ask about how to use the cheat code for RetroArch. Below are details of my case:

• iPad Air ios 7 using RetroArch v1.0.0.1
  • using PSCX rearmed core to play PS1 games and SNES Next to play SFC games
  • I have read some other forums which instruct me to create a txt file and write the required cheat codes in and save it as .cht format and put under the path for cheat. I tried but it didn’t work.

What I would like to know is below:

• does the cheat function support for v1.0.0.1?
  • if yes, does it support the Action Replay or the Gameshark codes?
  • some codes that I found are in the format AAAAAAAA BBBB, while some are AAAAAAAA BBBB. Which is compatible? And what is the difference?

Thank you very much for your great help.

Sorry for the typos below:

• some codes that I found are in the format AAAAAAAA BBBB, while some are AAAAAAAA BBBBBBBB. Which is compatible? And what is the difference?

The Snes9x(non-next) core has support for cheats, but there’s no RGUI option for messing with them. I believe Alcaro’s ZMZ libretro frontend (not available on iOS, unfortunately) has some support for interacting with them. Otherwise, cheats don’t really work, though the framework is all there. It may get hooked up at some point, but it’s just not available currently.

Thank you very much for your explanation.

first of all thank you for making an app that has a lot of emulators in it…because of that i am able to play my favorite ps1,snes and nes games…and now i am venturing nintendo ds and i am using retroarch on an ipad mini ios 8.1.2…i am able to use cheats on ng emulators listed above and i know v1.0.0.1 doesnt support desmume core yet so i downloaded the core manually…i am able to play games using the core i downloaded…problem is…i cant seem to make the cheats work…i use the appropriate cheat for the appropriate game version just like the way i do it in the other emulators…

i cant seem to make the cheats work in the nintendo ds game…help please??

i thought it might be the core’s problem or maybe the code but i tried the cheats on desmume on my desktop and it works fine…

matbe its the core coz when i try other cores in the snes cores, other cores wont accept the cheat…unlike snes9x core allows it

btw…i downloaded desmume_ios.dylib file only…im not really sure if there are other things i need to download…