How to use older versions of cores

before mupen64 plus was updated, it worked fine with the games i had, but now all i get is a black screen, is there any way to use older version of cores so that i can play n64 games on retroarch, if not, then when will this problem be resolved?

not unless you have a backup of the core. If you do, you can put it into your ‘core’ directory (as long as it’s on internal storage) and it should pick it up.

When someone gets around to fixing it. It’s helpful if someone pinpoints when it actually broke.

In general, the core updater pulls down a nightly build of the cores. If something is working for you and you don’t want/need a specific feature, you probably shouldn’t update a core unnecessarily unless you make a backup of your working core first.

at least arm7 has been broken since the last 2 updates. Still no change on this latest update on 9/4. Black screen no matter what settings I use or what game I choose on Shield tv.

Does anyone have a link to a working core for Mupen that we could drop in until it’s fixed? For me, I hadn’t run an update until about two weeks ago. Up until then it was running great, but now like you say here it’s just a black screen.

[QUOTE=hunterk;46636]It’s helpful if someone pinpoints when it actually broke. [/QUOTE]

Around this time.

FYI try out loganmc’s glupen64 core I am loving it so far.