Hows it going? (updates, cores, etc. . )

Hey I’m back after a bit of a break. I have an ipod 5 with and I think I’m still on like 6.something so I’m on old old software but it works great! So I’m thinking of getting an ipod6 with it’s increased power.

What’s changed? Last time I updated I have PSX games running pretty flawlessly and N64 games running really slow (the power will help this). Any new additions? Any progress on new cores (saturn, 3DO, intellivision, colecovision, etc. .)

EDIT: I browsed downloads for IOS it appears 4DO is there. YES!! So my question now is, if I buy an ipod touch 6th gen in the next week. Which update am I gonna wanna get to get jailbroken and then get retroarch again? Is it still the same just get it through cydia or is there a new way now?

I think taig is the jailbreak you want, but someone else may tell you differently.

Currently, our cydia repo is down, but we’ll be putting it back up for the official 1.2.* release. To install a nightly, grab the 1.0.0.1 release from the bigboss repo and then overwrite the files with the nightlies that are floating around this subforum.

[QUOTE=hunterk;28071]I think taig is the jailbreak you want, but someone else may tell you differently.

Currently, our cydia repo is down, but we’ll be putting it back up for the official 1.2.* release. To install a nightly, grab the 1.0.0.1 release from the bigboss repo and then overwrite the files with the nightlies that are floating around this subforum.[/QUOTE]

I wish it was so simply said to begin with. ;U Thanks Hunterk!

P.S. Teremei, don’t update if your patch is 8.4.1 you cannot jailbreak it… yet. ;x

ok so I have an ipad mini 2 and it’s on 8.3. Yeah I’m def not gonna update it to 8.4.1. So I can’t even use gridlee because it appears I need cydia just to allow ifunbox to access the file system. So I guess I’ll just download mame when I jailbreak.

I searched tiag 8.3 and got this http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-jailbreak-ios-8.3-8.2-8.1.3-with-taig-2.0-tutorial/ is that safe?

Taig for 8.3-8.4 is very stable. Obviously anything past that isn’t jail breakable.

As far as the cores they are downloaded within the app itself now, so you don’t have to have every core if you don’t want them all on your device.

As for the files I have them here

https://mega.co.nz/#!l8J3mLqJ!S6azgkQKwqhTRdlSy3JlwA8b1D2UwWfSbIaUGFjYo5A

You can just install that ipa or change the ipa to zip and overwrite like hunter has said.

getting driver not found with tiag.

Well of course you are dummy. ;x

You need to- Get the latest iTunes Download TaiG http://www.taig.com/en/

Install with admin, connect the phone, poof!

To access root folder (/var/) you need to go into Cydia, download --> apple file conduit “2” <-- it is the new ‘afc2add’. Only after installing this, you may access var folder via iFunBox

REMEMBER TO SET YOUR PERMISSIONS!! >;c

Hit back once done! ;U

have the lastest itunes. There is no install there is just a single program inside a zip file named TaiGJBreak_EN_2430. I run it as admin and get the same message.

When I plug my mini into my computer the battery says not charging. Even though it does show up on itunes.

so I was reading on some other site that some people have this problem if they have the newest itunes and older video cards. I’m supposed to delete itunes and download 12.1.2 the 64 bit version. So I’m doing that now. I had a message about couldn’t find DEVICE this time… turned on airplane mode, reset the ipad, reset the computer, everything worked after that. Now I have to update to the newest version of itunes to access the ipad via ifunbox. I’ll have to do all this shit again when I get the mini 4 :).

forget it. Just gonna wait til official release.

I had to downgrade my iTunes to get mine to work. Worked perfectly after I did that

I know, I already did that. Now I’m just waiting for 1.2 release so I can actually play on my new tablet. Does anyone know if you can map a button (say the select button) on your controller to be pushing 2 buttons at the same time? The controller I might be getting has no select start so I’m wondering if I can map select to pressing left shoulder + left trigger at the same time? Since there is no retroarch available to test this on, I have to ask.