How's the D-Pad on the SN30 Pro+

I have heard good and bad things about all of 8bitdo’s past D-Pads… I really wanted to try the SN30 or SN30 Pro (no plus) but i kept hearing random things about the D-Pad not always hitting diagonals and/or hitting them when you do not want them to be hit. Lots of vids/posts about mods to fix it. But i don’t want to buy a product i have to mod to make it work the way it should. All the videos i have watched on the + are praising the D-Pad…

I’m looking for an most in one wireless pad for my emulation PC. Pro+ Looks near perfect for that if the D-Pad isn’t trash. Been using a Dualshock 4, which is mostly great. There is a thread here of me talking about how amazing it, and it’s D-Pad, are. However, after months of using it i have changed my mind. I often get my thumb stuck between gaps in the D-Pad and it doesn’t always hit the diagonals as well as i’d like.

Also, are there clones of it yet?

Quite a bit cheaper than Amazon.ca but i do not want a clone :confused:

Cheers :slight_smile:

Yeah, as i was saying in that thread, that dpad is not great for fighting games.

Back to this topic, i don’t know anything about latest 8bitdo controllers, but i didn’t like the dpad that much on their first models, that wasn’t my main issue with 8bitdo controllers though, my main issue was how they lose BT pairing if you mistakenly press the wrong button when powering them up, it was seriously annoying, to the point i sold them.

1 Like

I have the SN30 Pro+, and its Dpad is the best 8bitdo has ever released. I use it for Super Mario Maker 2 plus a bunch of other 2D platformers on Switch, and I have no problems whatsoever. However, if you’re looking for something specifically to use with fighting games, their M30 controller is the best. It’s basically a Saturn pad, and we can all agree the Saturn had the best Dpad of all time, with the SNES Dpad in a very close second.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I have watched countless video reviews/unboxings of it and most people are loving it… but most of them look like they have only used it for 5 seconds lol.

Does yours do this? https://youtu.be/DBJlxS4-tsw

They send free controllers to every youtuber there is. Sometimes they have secret deals with them to promote their controllers without disclosure, where youtubers are told to recommend their controllers but without telling anybody that they were told to do so (Mike Matei did this.)

To me it looks like the current hype about 8bitdo controllers is due to their marketing, not due to their controllers…

(Not saying they’re bad controllers. Just saying that their marketing campaign is so strong that “influencers” make them look like they’re the second coming of Buddha.)

1 Like

No it does not, but I don’t have the SNES themed one, I got the Gameboy themed version. Not sure if that makes a difference. I don’t have any issues with buttons scraping or rubbing weird. I’ve used the heck out of it for Mario Maker.

1 Like

Thanks again :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like