I Can’t log into my main account. It's like it disappeared entirely

I’m not sure if this should go in the main General category, or if it should go in the off topic section of it which is where I chose to post it, or somewhere else entirely. Feel free to move it if it’s not in the correct place.

Hi, this is a temporary account. I had to wait for a bit to be able to create new threads. I think I messaged the Mods in some section of the site somewhere, but I’m not sure if it went through/ if they even saw it. It was about maybe 20 hours ago from this current time that I am posting this new thread.

I created an account that was something like The Metal Rock Gamer Dude, it might be shorter since some sites don’t allow that many words. It was either a gmail, outlook, yahoo, aol, or mail DOT com address since I have all 5 and can’t quite remember which one. I tried doing a password reset to each of them and never get any email in any of them.

I had 2 step verification set up and everything using Google Authenticator, but when I try to log in, it just says that either the email, username or password is incorrect.

I was subscribed to all of the email news letters and push notifications, mobile, browser, etc. I was getting piles of emails from this site every day and was almost tempted to start unsubscribing from some of the notifications by changing the settings since I had every single one activated at once.

But then I suddenly noticed that I wasn’t getting emails from this site at all on ANY of my emails at some point. So I logged in to see, and also to create a thread asking for help with RetroArch and shaders, only to have this stupidity with the site happen.

My account wouldn’t have been completely erased for no reason, would it? Do you have some inactive account rule somewhere that I missed or am unaware of that will delete profiles that don’t do anything or post or interact for so many days? If so, can I get it back somehow? I don’t want to have to go through all of that work again since I had a profile picture, all of the settings enabled, 2 Step Authentication activated, and everything.

I’m using a temp email for this temp account that will expire in 24 hours, so if you would be so kind as to reply to this urgent, dire message, then please send any and all replies to:

[email protected]

Thank you!

P.S. Just so you know, the Temp Email address I used to create this temp account has already been expired hence why I listed the main one above.