I can´t run retroarch by linux (Ubuntu 21.10

I used this command “sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libretro/stable && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install retroarch” to install retroarch and when Finally install retroach and the Icon appear , I click on the Icon and… Nothing happens , someone can help me please , I really would appreciate that Thanks

And also Update in another device same ubuntu , and now I can´t run either

Please provide some logs otherwise it will be difficult to help you.

Thank you.

2 Likes

i’m afraid , I cannot do that , because I can´t access to retroarch , I click on the Icons and nothing happen so I can´t send the error by logs , I’m sorry

if I run retroarch by the terminal , appear that message “error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the eviroment”

that seems to be working in your pic. Is it just the icon that’s not working? Also, why are you running with sudo? that’s generally a bad idea

While the PPA build should be fine, you might consider checking out the snap, flatpak or appimage builds, which are all good, too.

I click on the Icon and close in the same second when I click on the Icon , so I used the terminal and then that happen

if I used retroarch by snap (ubuntu software , flatpak etc) I can´t used the gamemode on linux and also , sometime that give me some problem is that because I used the retroarch on the command install , but when I update my system , you know sudo apt update , that problem happen but the version 1.10.0 there was no problem at all , only when I update to 1.10.1 that problem happen

and also I lost my playlist because when I used the terminal , the playlist is empty

that happen when I click on the Icon

I really appreciate if someone can help me please

That looks like it’s functioning normally. You clicked on the icon and then the program launches :man_shrugging:

Some time ago, 6 months or so I was experimenting with Linux mint and the appimage (iirc) was the only one working.

snap definitely works. I use it on a daily basis.

is not , the windows on the video open was this

I see , but all information , playlist , etc is in the retroarch install by the command install , so If I download the version appimage , I gonna traslate all that information to the new retroarch and is too much that :confused:

I understand but Unfortunately a lot funtion on snap retroarch is does´t work in that version

See? is just open the browser in that case but is not launcher retroarch

I know you try to help me and I appreciate it that , I just want to keep play in retroarch that all :frowning: