I can´t run retroarch by linux (Ubuntu 21.10

yeah and when I used the terminal , sudo retroarch appear that message

That is an environment variable that is set automatically when you log in. It tells any program you run where to find a user-specific directory in which it can store small temporary files.

1 Like

So , What I can do to fix that problem? :frowning:

If I had a working Linux mint I could try to find a working solution. Now I only have windows 10. Try this I hope it won’t break your system lol

mkdir -pv ~/.cache/xdgr

export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=$PATH:~/.cache/xdgr

I don´t know rick xd I don´t want loose my pc hahaha

I am going to install Mint on a spare usb 3.0 32gb to check if it runs or not.

1 Like

the god of the gaming bless you

Installing on usb failed miserably (not booting even though i had done the same some months ago lol), persistence too (extremely slow), so i will install alongside Win10, either way i want to check some things in Linux.

Please provide the log as describe in the documentation. If you click on the GUI it won’t give us information to help you…

Open a terminal then copy & paste retroarch --menu --verbose >> retroarch.log 2>&1

Send us or copy the content of the file retroarch.log

Don’t launch RetroArch with sudo.

Thank you.

1 Like

“Segment Violation (`core’ generated)” that message appear

Once you exit RetroArch, a file called retroarch.log should be stored in your logs directory. So you have to check that.

yeah , but remember , I can´t access to retroarch… haha

Even if it doesn’t start it should create a log file.

Yeah I think the same think but there is not log

ok installed Linux Mint latest, used the command in your first post, and it just works by clicking the icon. Before doing anything i updated the system and installed Linux Nvidia 1060 drivers as the system prompted me to do so.

2 Likes

So… what I can do? I don´t understand

I think I found it , the log