I give up! Please help with ,Vectrex overlays

I am using Retro Arch to get Vectrex working. I have all the overlays working when I use Retro Arch but when I try to bring up the games thru RL I get NO OVER LAYS!!! How can my overlays be working in one system but when I try to point them to RL they are not showing up???

We don’t use or support Rocket Launcher. If it’s working in RetroArch, your best bet is to ask at the Rocket Launcher forums.

I have but I was hoping to ask here that maybe there is a setting in retro arch that I am missing that is preventing the overlays from passing through to rocket launcher

All of our settings go into either the main retroarch.cfg or into core/game-specific config overrides, if you’re using them. If you’re using RL, you may be passing full configs at each launch using the -c /path/to/config.cfg launch option. If so, you need to make sure the config that it’s pointing to includes the overlay you want to load.

I can only tell you this in retroarch every game has been set up individually to bring up the overlay for each game for vectrex. I have checked and all games all working and all games show the specific overlay. It’s just that when I use rocket launcher the overlays do not appear

This thread at Rocket Launcher should be your first place of research. Everything should be covered in the last few pages

Please close this thread as I have solved the problem. the solution is to 1st go into retro arch make sure that all of the overlays or working, then go into rocket launcher under the settings that control the emulator there is an edit function going to romps settings and individually configure each game to search for the configure file that is for each overlay.