I love RA but the new interface on android is completely unusable

i was excited about RA 1.2 but as soon as i tried it i felt helpless… the gui is a mess with the overlay on top of it, it is extremely chaotic and not really usable… also, i can’t seem to be able to switch gui, i’m stuck with glui. in the news it was mentioned that there would be touch support for the ui but it does not seem to be the case. i have to navigate using the gamepad overlay which covers and overlaps the gui itself…

is there any improvement planned for the gui on android? cause right now it’s the worst emulator gui i’ve ever seen in my life…

For me overlay got hidden when I switch to xmb. For fixing it I had to Set input_overlay_hide_in_menu to false. You can find the line in retroarch.cfg

i managed to switch to xmb, i had to quit using the menu and reload… it still uses virtual gamepad navigation tho, no touch support

ok i disabled the overlay and there is a very limited touch support… however it is not usable… scroll doesnt work (should be according to the news), the clickable areas (icons) are way too small (5" fhd) making the tapping of the right one very frustrating

also, the onscreen gamepad remains disabled once a core has been loaded… -_-’

edit: DPI override also does not seem to work

looks like somebody was on it already since i just updated and now the ui is OK and scrolling+touch works, awesome!

unfortunately the more visually appealing XMB is still clunky but atleast now RA is useable again

The xmb interface has been pretty buggy for me too. A couple of times while in game, calling the menu will give you a frozen menu page stuck on screen, on top of the menu you are actually on, making it impossible to use the interface. Touch support feels off too on all menu types because of how sensitive scrolling is versus touching a menu item.

The only menu that actually worked close to perfect for me was the native android interface but that’s a relic of the past now

I personally think it should have went in the opposite direction by importing everything to the Android UI side for maximum compatibility since Android just doesn’t play nice with custom UI design.

Good luck fixing the issues anyway,sorry for any bashing I may have done in the past,though I haven’t even bothered trying this 1.2.x update on my FireTV since you devs apparently hate that device.

The UI for browsing for ROMs?, tried “Gamesome” ?, didn’t work with my ROM folder setup but might work for you, works great with RA at least. :slight_smile: