I-Pac and Xbox 360 control at same time - multiple bindings

Hi,

I’m trying to get my player 2 joystick on my control panel for my dedicated cab set up along with 2 Xbox 360 control pads.

I got player 1 set up and working by editing the retroarch.cfg file, nulling out all the hotkeys, and changing how the player 1 up, down, left, and right keys were set up when I bound them with my joystick which were, 2, 4, 6, and 8.

I simply changed that to up, down, left, and right and it worked for player 1. All buttons work for player 1 and player 2, but for player 2, when I bind the player 2 joystick, it sets them to letters. I don’t remember which letters right off hand but when I do the same thing I did for player one and change it to read, up, down, left, and right in the retroarch.cfg file, that doesn’t work for player 2 like it did for player 1 and the player 2 joystick is totally unresponsive.

I can’t seem to get player 2 joystick to work no matter what.

My i-pac is set up as a keyboard device and to get multiple bindings I first set up the joysticks by “binding all inputs” then went back and did it again using the Xbox controller. That seemed to allow multiple bindings and both controllers work, except for the up, down, left, and right for player 2 joystick.

I’ve spent all night and all of this morning searching and just cannot come up with an answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

–J

If your I-PAC is still using MAME defaults, the P2 directions should be mapped to G, D, R and F: http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac2.html

Note: I use a J-PAC in my cab and have both players set up fine, so it is possible.

For the 360 pads, you shouldn’t need to hard-map anything. Just plug them in when you want to use them and let the autoconfiguration handle the rest.

Yes, G, D, R, and F. That’s what they’re set up as in Retroarch.cfg but it doesn’t work?? The player 2 joystick is totally unresponsive.