I want to use retroarch but I have 2 problems

I want to try playing psp games on my switch. Currently I have an sxos so I saw that retroarch had an nsp file which was nice. I also heard that it’s better to install the retroarch with said nsp rather than running it from homebrew since apparently homebrew has hardware limitations. Anyway after installing the nsp and running it, the problem is that my switch says “Unable to start software” and if I try to re-run it, my switch says “Corrupted save data has been detected, please run a check…”. After running a check, it just says “error code: 2016-0602 corrupted data was found”. And course I’ve tried to reinstall it multiple times. I even tried to install and run a “RetroarchRedirect v1.0.0” just to see if an earlier/different version would work at all but still got the same outcome.

So then I give up and tried to run the nro file from homebrew just to see if I’ll even need the ‘performance boost’. The good thing is that it works but, the next problem is that, I can’t find the core for psp at all. There’s only one core for sony, which is the PCSX ReARMed. The core updater says the same thing, and of course I already ran the “update core info files”.

So, any solutions on my problems?

PS: I would really prefer retroarch over Lakka since I don’t want to have to reboot and inject payloads everytime I want to go play switch games then other console games, then back to switch games again, with retroarch.

1 Like

There is no PSP core for the switch, in retroarch

Well that answers my 2nd problem. What about the first problem? Is the NSP just downright not working on switch? At least at the moment?

It sounds like you tried everything I would have. If the homebrew version is working for you I doubt its any of the config files. You probably did this but I would uninstall the nsp you currently have installed redownload it and try one more time installing with the latest tinfoil.

1 Like

I want to downgrade for best experience with Retroarch - Is there a firmware that offers best stability

I don’t have a Switch, so I can’t say for sure, but I think latest firmware is supposed to be fine/good.

Hi Hunter, Happy New Year Brother and thank you for taking the time to reply. I’ve tested extensively and im getting glitches which may be related to SD card reading and the latest software release 9.1.0 Look forwards to any possible updates/fixes You da the man