iCade controller without jailbreak

hi to all. If I buy an icade controller, not mfi, do it work on retroarch without jailbreak? best regards Jeosh

Icade controller works without jailbreak. But only supports one icade controller. Unlike mfi controllers support up to 4 controllers. One mfi and one icade controllers work as two players.

ok perfect, because I have a mfi controller and I wish to play in two players, now I know that it is possible with an iCade controller. thank you! Jeosh

You have to make icade controller 1st player and mfi controller 2nd player.

That doesnt work, or at least for me. Both have to be MFI to make 2players gameplay. Try using online function to play with different devices.

ok I wait for other opinions before buy it

I have 2 iCade and 2 MFI. I’ll test it on the latest versiona and tell you how it worked. So you can decide. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok I tested iCade controller with RA version 1.5.0 don’t work at all with or without 2nd mfi controller. I tried RA version 1.3.6 with iCade controller works with or without 2nd mfi controller. But there is downside on iCade controller all the buttons work except Start and select buttons. I tried iCade controller on MAC, it’s doesn’t work on version 1.5.0. Anyway, to make two players work on version 1.3.6 iOS, you need to make both User 1 bind and User 2 bind Device Index (port #0). Then clear all the keyboard input on user 1 by switching to other page setup (Tap once on top middle of the screen). Tap on the inputs and clear keyboard. Now connect mfi controller and input the keys for user 1. Then connect iCade controller and go to user 2 and map the keys. Maximum two players even if you have two 2 mfi controllers and one icade. No select and start buttons, I don’t know if it’s old issue or it came up with new versions of RA.

Nice. But Start and select are not avaiable for MFI standar. Not an issue.

By the way, what brand of iCade and MFI controller are you using. In my case both iCade are 8Bitdo Snes and Steelseries Nimbus. They can’t be together, they dont work. But Snes 8bitdo alone, works perfectly fine, no issues.

Ok, here’s my feedback. Devices used on the test: 2 MFI Steelseries Nimbus and 2 8bitdo Snes series

Test 1: 2 MFI worked perfectly fine, no crossed controllers. Test 2: 2 iCade Controllers, didnt work, number 2 works as number 1. Test 3: MFI + 8Bitdo: Worked perfectly fine, just need to clear keyboard mapped buttons from player one so the icade controller can’t move player 1. Conclusions: Steelseries Nimbus is a good option for two player on the same device. But, if you want to have MFI and iCade you can mix it like that, there wont be any issue, just clear keyboard mapped buttons from player 1. And finally, both iCade doesnt work, player two moves player 1. All this was tested on the latest nightbuild on iOS 10.3.1 on an iPad Pro.

NOTE: No need to use special configurations neither use old builds. Just go to the nighbuild section and pick the latest, that’s it.

Special Note: If you are using mac instead of iOS, i don’t recommend Nimbus steelseries. It will crash immediately.

I have icontrolpad, ion arcade cabinet and 2 mfi Steelseries Nimbus. As I said before one icade and one mfi controller work fine together. It didn’t work on 1.5.0, I will try latest nightly build later on. Did you manage to input start and select buttons for icade?

My icade controllers worked perfectly fine. It might be the brand. Because as far as i know the only ones that doesn’t support those buttons is the MFi because of the standar.

ok, I think to buy an icade controller, but how can I clear keyboard mapped buttons? This passage is not very clear to me

1: Go to settings and press on input 2: Press on the top middle on the screen. This will take you to a white menu. 3: Select input user 1 and on each mapped button press it and touch clear keyboard button.

Perfect! Thank you! :wink: Do two mfi and one icade work?

Tried that and doesn´t seems to work. My MFI get No.1 and No.2 input and the third is for the iCade 8bitdo, but it doesn’t function during gameplay, only in the menu. No idea why, but that happened with PSX. im trying other core.

Actually, Retroarch doesnt recognize my iCade as the third player. All three are connected, but doesn’t work despite being connected and with all the buttons mapped. If you wan to play 3, guess would be better to have 3 of the same. Or play with only two spots.

Actually it works!!! 3 controllers one icade and two mfi controllers. I guess it works more than 3 controllers but it should be one icade and the rest mfi controllers To do this: 1- connect 1st MFI controller and clear keyboard for USER 1 bind, then input all the MFI buttons. Device Index (port #0) 2- connect iCade controller and select user 2 bind, then input all icade buttons. Device Index (port #0). 3- connect 2nd MFI controller and select USER 3 bind, then input all the MFI buttons. Device Index (port #1).

for icade it doesn’t matter any user but it must have (port#0)