Implementation of Retroachievements on Retroarch for WII?

I would like to play 3rd - 4th gen games on wii with the ability to unlock achievements for them, especially since using retroarch for wii is the easiest way to play on crt.

How possible is this ?

2 Likes

RetroAchievements requires network support, which I don’t think is hooked up for the Wii port but is technically possible, maybe…? I think the Wii U port has network support, at least.

I’m not sure that retroachievements.org even has the ability to define achievements for the Wii. The only just recently added N64 support

Not for the wii, just retroarch with achievements available on the wii for the consoles already supported by retroachievements, it shouldn’t be that complicated.

Oohhhh I’m sorry I misunderstood.

bparker actually added this for Wii U recently:

Could he try adding the same feature on the wii ? they are both pretty similar in relation to retroarch, right ?

1 Like

I don’t think the regular Wii has network access implemented at all, so it’s a pretty big job, I think. I’ll talk to him about it, though.

I just read your old answer now, is there any news pertaining this feature ?

1 Like

Not that I know of. AFAIK, RetroArch has no networking support on the regular Wii, only Wii U.

Hello, Wii has network support so should be possible to implement. Would love to get my NES achievements on my Wii.

Just posting as I also would love to it happen.

Rise from your grave! haha

Did this happen yet? I just got a Wii and will be hacking it tonight.

:smiley:

1 Like

Also rising from the grave :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It is 2021 and whoever think Nintendo Wii cannot connect to internet is in big mistake. People normally use internet on PS3 and same on Nintendo Wii - we play on Wiimfii servers on daily basis.

To RetroArch team, can you please add retroachivements support on Wii RetroArch and maybe Gamecube as well? It will make much more people collecting them. On Gamecube user needs to have broadband adapter but some of us do and they are basically same consoles.

Pretty please.

I think the Dolphin core perhaps needs some work first. I am guessing it is the same with the pcsx2? It has nothing to do with whether the Wii can connect to the internet or not. But I agree, some achievements for those games would be nice.

Guess you do not understand what this topic is about. We do not want here to be able to earn achievements in gc/wii games.

We want to be able to collect achievements via wii version of retroarch.

I see. I was too quick to read.

Has there been any progress in that matter? I see retroach wii supports netplay and network functions in general. I see no reason why it would not get implemented?

Or maybe it is already only menu entries are not there but right changes in config file would allow us to log in to retroachievements? It is hard for me to believe there is any problem that makes it unimplemented on wii.

I tried to edit Wii retroarch config file to enable cheevos but it results in black screen a few second after loading a game. At least in my case.

Created feature request on retroarch github:

2 Likes

I started to play on my Wii a few weeks, and I was surprised that the Wii version it was finally updated.

I asked myself, like others here, I’d love to see retroachievements implemented on this version.

Because it consumes less energy, and I’m able to play on my old CRT TV.

2 Likes