Incorrect aspect ratio on "tated" shmups

When playing vertical shmups in either FBA or mame There are not any settings that seem to allow the correct aspect ratio if you rotate the screen 90 or 270 for full screen. It either looks super squished as if the screen never rotated or you get OH YOU WANTED FULL SCREEN WELL HERES FULL SCREEN SON! super stretched … there does not seem to be the correct full screen setting with correct aspect ratio for tated shmups.

dragon blaze dodonpachi ketsui battle garregga ibara mushimesama futari ESPgaluda2 gunbird 2 guwange

none of these games I can get with any of the settings in the video options… to show the correct aspect ratio. when flipped sideways like they ought to be for full screen. No matter what I set the aspect index. core provided. auto. custom. Force aspect ratio on or off. Auto aspect ratio on or off. All I get is either squished or totally full stretch. “correct” does not seem to be available.

Somebody please help or please get this fixed sometime. it’s driving me up the wall. Causing great pain in my life.

I just tried MAME2014 and FBA with rotation set to 90/270 and aspect ratio at 4:3 and espgaluda looks like it’s supposed to:

oh… well there we go. they work now.

strange I thought I tried 4:3. I must’ve only tried the other 4:3 (1:1) setting…

No worries. Glad you’re all fixed up now :slight_smile: