Individual button mappings per core?

I got a SNES USB controller today for when I play Super Nintendo ROMs and was wanting to make sure I knew how to do this before screwing it up like last time. Last version I had I swapped it so square and x on my PS4 controller were A and B for NES as that’s my preference and it swapped those around for the menu and everything. I want to just set it up for SNES and maybe recustomize on NES without it interfering with other cores or the menu, how do I do this for sure?

Also, which CFG file is for controls? Is it the retroarch cfg? This way I can make a copy just in case.

I have been trying to get an answer for that forever.

SNES button layout is not the same layout as NES, PS1 or SEGA. You’d think there was a way for the core to have a custom button configuration for each core when it is loaded.

I’m almost ready to uninstall retroarch and go with seperate emulators for each console system.

You can move the core’s functions around on the retropad/gamepad however you like in quick menu > controls. This functionality probably didn’t exist 7 yrs ago when OP started this thread.

1 Like