Input Problem - Gamepad #1 Controls All Players

I have an issue I can’t seem to crack. I’m playing Mortal Kombat II on MAME 2003-Plus, and my controller not only makes Player 2 enter the game, it also controls both characters simultaneously. I’m sure it’s a simple fix, but I can’t seem to figure it out. I’ve tried deleting config files, but nothing changes. On a sidenote, Tab doesn’t open the MAME menu, either.

You can turn on the MAME menu by going to the core options and toggling the corresponding setting.

Thanks, but I couldn’t find any input setting there. Turns out I was barking up the wrong tree, anyway. I loaded up Contra on the NES and started a 2-player game. Sure enough, my single gamepad was controlling both characters, simulaneously. It appears I must have screwed up my main cfg file sometime back.

I could use some help to make sure I don’t complicate things. I noticed this under retroarch.cfg. Could this be my problem?

input_device_p1 = “0” input_device_p10 = “0” input_device_p11 = “0” input_device_p12 = “0” input_device_p13 = “0” input_device_p14 = “0” input_device_p15 = “0” input_device_p16 = “0” input_device_p2 = “0” input_device_p3 = “0” input_device_p4 = “0” input_device_p5 = “0” input_device_p6 = “0” input_device_p7 = “0” input_device_p8 = “0” input_device_p9 = “0”

What if I just downloaded the latest version of Retroarch and replaced the entire autoconfig folder?

Autoconfig directory isn’t going to do it, but you could just delete all of the input_device_p* lines to see if that helps.