Internal resolutions change

I has a system crash which caused me to reinstall retroarch using the very latest build (just when I had everything working perfectly, too). I’ve noticed some strange changes, namely, the internal resolutions of the the cores have been changed.

With SNES, it’s now 239 with overscan and 224 without. So do I need to make an overlay that matches? I tried this and I just can’t get a scanline overlay to look right at these new resolutions.

I’m also noticing a lot of save/quit bugs, where the game hangs and quits after altering something in the config. :frowning:

For example. After changing crop overscan to off and integer scale on and saving a new config, Nestopia crashes every time at startup. Now I can’t even get emulators to launch.

I’m also noticing much higher CPU temps. I dunno, looks like a lot of stuff is kinda off with this latest build?

I’m going to wipe everything on my sd card and start fresh, just to make sure I didn’t botch something in the installation.

Are you using fresh configs? Everything seems fine on my end…

The problem appears to be related to startng retroarch with an overlay enabled. I can set the overlay manually within RA, but launching with these settings causes the game to crash immediately.

The specific line causing the problem is “input_overlay = pathtofile”

I’ve double and triple checked that the path name is correct. I’ve also saved the config in RA, but then the next time I launch a game it crashes.

No problem here using latest nightly in linux. There was some work related to overlay instability in the last couple of days, so maybe try pulling the latest and recompiling.