iOS 6.0 support?

Thought I’d give the new builds of RA a try on my iOS device today and couldn’t find any definitive info on device/OS support. RA 1.3.6 worked fine on my ios 6.0.1 iPhone 4s (JBd) until I tried to load up an .sfc…then it crashed on every sfc core. I found that 1.0.0.1 half-works, but do I really have to revert that far down? Is there a good middle ground for my phone?

I’m guessing the cores you’re using (presumably from the Online Updater) are compiled for iOS 9, and the minimum iOS version required for that is 8.0.

Try using the cores here: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/apple/ios/latest/

You have to unzip those cores and put them in your Documents/cores directory manually.

If I’m guessing right those should be compiled with the minimum iOS version of 5.

I was using the online updater. I’ll give this a try tomorrow.

Tried gambatte, snes9x next, and mednafen snes from that link, and they all crashed on 1.3.6.

Tried gambatte, snes9x next, and mednafen snes from that link, and they all crashed on 1.3.6. Seems the online updater was already set to use that URL too… Anyone have a source for working cores on legacy devices? Also anyone know where to find the log (I’ve looked in the obvious places) or how to tell if RA is outputting a log?

OK, SO, fixed my problems. It wasn’t the cores that were at fault. As harakari mentioned, the nightly ios cores are still being built for ios 5-8. However RA v1.3.x does not work for older devices. Using the newly built cores on RA v1.0.0.2-1 solved all my problems. The old cores that are still packaged with 1.0.0.2 were the cause of the bugs I was experiencing with that version.