iOS 8.1 - Working, Changed core settings, Crashing

As the title would imply, I was playing actively on my iPad air 2, jailbroken, running iOS 8.1. I was experiencing a bit of shadow flicker, and so, mid gameplay, decided to switch the core settings around a bit ( NOTE: I am referring to the settings only available during gameplay)

One of the settings required a relaunch of the game to take, so I quit the game, and went to restart it.

retroarch crashed.

I have tried uninstalling and re installing the App through Cydia, however this has proved futile.

Notably, it seems as though all my settings are preserved even after uninstalling and re installing.

It would seem that this information is cached somewhere, or is saved in some master cfg file that for the life of me i can not find.

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

yeah, there’s a core options file stored in .retroarch IIRC…? Perhaps someone else can give you a more definite answer on that location.

Use SSH, IFile or Ifunbox (I personally use this) to get into:

/var/mobile/Documents/.Retroarch

and remove the file .retroarch-core-options.cfg

Once it is done you will be able to run the core again but all your other cores options will be removed aswell!!

Alternatively you can use retroarch’s browser to get into this folder and once you see the file touch it and leave your finger 2 seconds and a menu will popup allowing you to remove the file.

Enjoy!

Brilliant! Thanks a million!

Incidentally (since clearly my method of randomly changing settings did not do the trick) is there any way to address the flickering zshading shadows / graphics that show up in some games?

For instance Super Mario 64, every shadow seems like it’s weirdly clipping through the ground and back?

Thanks again!

I think the core options ‘Glide Polygon Offset Factor’ and ‘Glide Polygon Offset Units’ can be used to fine-tune that stuff. It varies on a per-GPU basis, IIRC.

Thanks, however when I navigate to “Core Options” from the in app menu, I do not have any options for ‘Glide Polygon Offset Factor’ or ‘Glide Polygon Offset Units’.

Those options are not yet available on IOS until 1.0.0.4 beta is available. I think is a matter of time and for now I don’t know how to get rid of this flickering… Maybe trying the 3 different plugins available in the core options. I will suggest gl64. But try with all of them.

Sounds good, I will try those settings, and if not i will just deal with it till the release of 1.0.0.4.

Thanks again!

Just dont use rice plug in. That will not let you load any rom and will crash for ever.

why no??

work perfect in ip5S, maybe you need add the RiceVideoLinux.ini