[ios 8.4] PSX bios help

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded to 8.4 and manged to get the latest nightly up and running. FF7 is running decent. But how do I install the BIOS? I have changed them to scph1001.bin all lowercase and placed them in the system folder. But Retroarch doesn’t recognize them. Is this still broken on the latest nightly? Or am I missing a step? I checked permissions and they are running owner mobile : mobile. user = read write execute, and the other 2 read and execute.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=links2586;24377]Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded to 8.4 and manged to get the latest nightly up and running. FF7 is running decent. But how do I install the BIOS? I have changed them to scph1001.bin all lowercase and placed them in the system folder. But Retroarch doesn’t recognize them. Is this still broken on the latest nightly? Or am I missing a step? I checked permissions and they are running owner mobile : mobile. user = read write execute, and the other 2 read and execute.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)[/QUOTE] Not surre about the nightly but for the older versions of retroarch it actually needed scph5501.bin. Try either renaming it to that or finding that one.

I have 5500, 5501, and 5502 in my retroarch.app folder and it still doesnt recognize them. Any other ideas?

Edit: Are .CUE files required for retroarch? I have always used psx4iphone and only used bins. This could be my issue.

[QUOTE=links2586;24386]I have 5500, 5501, and 5502 in my retroarch.app folder and it still doesnt recognize them. Any other ideas?

Edit: Are .CUE files required for retroarch? I have always used psx4iphone and only used bins. This could be my issue.[/QUOTE] The bios should go in the .retroarch folder in your documents folder, not the .app folder. At least for the old stable. The cue sheet is really only needed for games that have multiple tracks for audio… So not absolutely needed but should work.

Ok, so where exactly is the .retroarch folder focated? The internet says in my var/mobile/documents/.retroarch but i cannot see this folder there.

It depends on what program you are using to access you iOS device, the folder is hidden so you need to go into your programs options and tell it to unhide hidden folders to see it.

Thank you so much. Issue resolved. I’m actually in the IT field but iOS is much different than the Windows file structure. Thanks for the advice.

[QUOTE=links2586;24392]Thank you so much. Issue resolved. I’m actually in the IT field but iOS is much different than the Windows file structure. Thanks for the advice.[/QUOTE] No problem, glad I could help. Now if I could only figure out how to get my DualShock3 working with it, I’d be set. but the nightly cant seem to find Bluetooth… sigh.

At least for now the overlays are working. I’m on an iPhone 6+ so I’m just happy It fits myscreen lol.

have you tried N64 overlay? everytime i choose the overlay my screen becomes small does not fit my iphone 6 +

have you tried N64 overlay? everytime i choose the overlay my screen becomes small does not fit my iphone 6 +

You have to use the newest nightly for the overlay to fit on n64

Is fine for me.