[iOS] Crash when setting the core type to recomplier

Hello, I used the version 1.0.0.2 of Retroarch before and I just saw today that there was a big update ! I downloaded the lastest one (9 December 2015) and I wanted to play an N64 game. So I had to set back the mulen core, but when I change the core type to dynamic recomplier and launch any game, the app crashes… I’m jailbroken of course. It worked fine in 1.0.0.2 but what happened now ? I don’t want to play in interpreter, it’s too slow :(. An also, do anyone know if and how can I contact Libretro to report this ?

iPhone 4S iOS 8.4 Jailbroken

I have the same issue with the nightly N64 core, I guess that’s why they are nightlies. So I ended up going back to the stable 1.0.0.2 version, it’s running full speed anyway 60fps at 1024X768.

JaIlbroken ipad 3rd generation running ios7 here.

If you’re using Pangu jailbreak for iOS 7/8/9, then anything that requires recompiler won’t work and will instantly crash. It’s due to an incompatibility with Pangu, devices jailbroken with TaiG won’t have this problem.

I never heard of this. But anyway I’m jailbroken with TaiG.

Same here 9.0.2 iPhone 6+ jail broken pangu, newer jail breakers all gonna be on pangu jailbreak. Everything is isant crash, so what is workaround for jail broken with pangu users

At the moment there is no workaround. You’re going to have to use CPU Core: Cached_Interpreter mode for N64. If you have the latest iPhone 6S then you shouldn’t have a problem when it comes to speed and smoothness.

How do I enable it to run in this mode?

Or I can just go back to version 1.0.0.2 to use recomplier :stuck_out_tongue: but I want this latest version of Retroarch, it seems better.

then just copy the core over?

That’s what I do, I use the old 1.0.0.2 and just download nightly cores. And if there’s improvement in speed I keep new ones. Otherwise I keep the older but stable core, best of both worlds.

My question is how do I set it up to run right settings where do I set up cpu core cached interpreter mode, the menus in app changed around

To change the settings o the core, you must set the overlay of the n64 first. Then tap of the retroarch button and scroll down to the core settings.

Good news is the latest n64 nightly works when dynamic recomplier is turned on, bad news is that video has tons on glitches. I’ll mess around with options to see if the video glitches can be fixed by disabling/enabling certain options, but at least it’s working with dynamic recomplier again.

Tested with: ipad 3rd generation ios7 retroarch 1.0.0.2 nightly cores

[QUOTE=zenjiki;32632]Good news is the latest n64 nightly works when dynamic recomplier is turned on, bad news is that video has tons on glitches. I’ll mess around with options to see if the video glitches can be fixed by disabling/enabling certain options, but at least it’s working with dynamic recomplier again.

Tested with: ipad 3rd generation ios7 retroarch 1.0.0.2 nightly cores[/QUOTE]

Good to know that it works now. Can you please tell me when these graphic glitches are fixed? I haven’t time to test all nightly cores everytimes…