[iOS] — RetroArch 1.8.1 and other emulators (Download)

Hello weedy. I installed RetroArch on Ipad Pro 1. Gen. iPadOS 13.4 via Cydia (like you described above). Everthing looks fine, I can open RA. But I can’t get any Roms installed. When I connect the iPad to itunes I can’t access RA filesystem. Under iboxfun RA won’t show up in Apps. And when I open a file under iPadOS and link it to RA, it won’t show up either. Do you have an idea what I can do? THX in advance!

Update: I came to the solution using Filza Filemanager. That did the trick to get the Roms into RA, but the original problem remains.

You usually need to install Apple File Conduit 2 from Cydia for that version of iOS. This should enable file managers on MacOS and Windows to be able to access previously forbidden file system areas of iOS. RA doesn’t install in the normal place on jailbroken devices as far as I remember. To find it, go into the settings and look under directory settings, and it should give you a clue where to look. I can’t remember the paths off the top of my head.

1 Like

@Gigsi333 Hi!

I updated RetroArch to the latest 1.8.8 version, and made a few changes to the iOS 9 version…

Can you please try it and report back?

Thanks!

Edit: Sorry, it was the buidbot for iOS 9 that was unproperly configured… Fixed now!

So I used to use netplay a lot And I never had any issues with it I updated it about four months ago from 1.8.8 to 1.9.0 but haven’t tried to use netplay until recently Every time I try to to host it kicks me out of the app I am on an iPad Pro I have another iPad that was still on 1.8.8 and net play was working perfectly so I decided to update it to see if that’s why netplay was crashing And after I updated it the same thing Happened every time I try to host a Game it crashes and I can’t even join either please put version 1.8.8 back on Cydia either as a separate one or a downgrade on the iOS 11+ I really would love to use netplay again I can’t be the only one having this issues on iOS because I have three iPads and they all do the same thing after I updated it😥 thank you and stay safe!

Hi,

Good day! I tried to download the ios 8 version from the above given repo. It installs fine, but whenever I tapped ‘Load Content’ it just crash.

Any help?

Hi!

This might just be related to the core(s) you’re using, could you try to download Cave Story (NXEngine) core and try to launch the included Cave Story I put in RetroArch’s start folder ?

Which core(s) are you using ?