[iOS/tvOS] — RetroArch 1.8.9 and other emulators (Download/Cydia repo)

@Trebrick I’m in the process of building the updated cores, so I can include them in the upcoming IPA versions… And on the buildbot too!

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker thatd be awesome! Appreciate it. Man i was getting scared there because this place was a ghost town for a bit but no longer. Today is a good day lol

1 Like

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker not seeing the metal driver only gl

@Trebrick It’s only available in the Metal version, I don’t know yet if I should completely replace the non-Metal one altogether, so for now both versions are available to choose from…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker oh ok didnt see there were two versions. Why not have the option to choose either or within settings like in the official version?

@Trebrick I didn’t want to completely replace the non-Metal one – in part because of all the problems the macOS version had – without properly testing it before…

BTW, please test the Metal version and tell me if it can completely replace the GL one!

In the official 1.9.0 build both options are available in driver settings. Why do you have to separate them into separate builds? Just wondering

@Trebrick The official one is maintained by YoshiSuga, and it’s him who created a new Xcode project and ported RetroArch to Metal…

The Xcode project for the OpenGL-only version that still supports glsl shaders is still present on the GitHub repo, so as I maintain all the versions back to iOS 6, I should as well compile all the different versions…

So the official version on retroarch buildbot that has both metal and gl as a choice in video driver settings doesnt support glsl shaders? Sorry im totally confused hah. @Weedy_Weed_Smoker Also, what the heck just now reading about the hack that happened

@Trebrick The official version is just the Metal one, it now supports Slang shaders…

Yeah, the official buildbot is still empty as of now because of the hack…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker Lol guess i should have downloaded your metal version first. Ignore last post. Seems though that you cant have both gl and metal versions from nito because the metal installed on top the original. Like an update Instead of two apps. Also, seems the main config was reset(prob to allow for new settings?). No biggie. Thanks again. Testing metal version now

I have noticed that certain cores have like a vertical line of interference on the very right side of screen when metal is used over gl. For instance bsnes and snes9x current has the interference but bsneshd and Mesen-s do not. Same interference on genesis/ master system cores. Nes too

@Trebrick Ok, I’ve just finished updating the cores on the buildbot !

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker awesome! Super game boy working on mesen-s now. Theres still the interference problem with the other cores i talked about above though

1 Like

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker happen to know why that issue is happening?

Can you please post the ipa of this version on here in mediafire

@chibk27 Curious, why do you want 1.8.9 and not 1.9.0?

I’m not sure of any other features but the update cheats aren’t working on the 1.9.0 ipa from the libretro website

@chibk27 hmm thought they fixed that guess it hasnt gone through yet. However, cheats are indeed working in the 1.9.0 ipa from the “ios emulators website” link above!

@chibk27 you should also repost In the 1.9.0 topic, that cheats arent working for the official build. EDIT: i went ahead and posted