[iOS/tvOS] — RetroArch 1.9.0 + cores & emulators (Download/Cydia repo)

Hi @Weedy_Weed_Smoker, Can you check Provenance on your repo? I got black screen when launch game athought have audio, quit and re-launch as some advise don’t work, still black screen. I’m on XS Max 14.3, JB with Unc0ver.

@Guren302 Sorry I didn’t see your message earlier…

It’s been a long time since a change broke settings auto-save on iOS…

You now have to go to the main menu and select “Configuration File > Save Current Configuration” for the settings to be saved…

Hey @Weedy_Weed_Smoker glad to see you back/updated retroarch. Just a quick heads up if you didnt know, they took out the core downloader https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/c748b3d065af15bcb54d966411ed358894377c5e Hopefully it can be added back in so we can access your cores.

Hi @Trebrick!

Yeah, I had to compile all the versions again with the functionality added back in, and am still in the process of uploading the new version…

I just lost 5 hours because of this! :man_facepalming:

I will have to get yet another AppleTV certificate to be able to add it back to the AppleTV versions, though!

EDIT: The repo has just been updated! :wink:

1 Like

Oof yah that sucks. On behalf of everyone, Thanks! I wonder what was going wrong that they had to remove it? And dang again with the atv certificate lol. Oh well at least you got everything else situated.

How does one normally get a certificate?

@Trebrick They removed it because the only iOS version distributed through the official channel (as an IPA) doesn’t support the core updater functionality!

You can get an AppleTV certificate by connecting a Mac with Xcode installed to an AppleTV via the same Wi-Fi network…

You need to open Xcode, and search for devices to get the AppleTV recognized!

I usually go to a random store which has an AppleTV on display, and hope they didn’t configure it specifically for in-store display only… Then I ask them to connect my Mac to their Wi-Fi and add my Mac to their AppleTV’s trusted computers list!

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, does “install or restore a core” work on the official end? Wonder why thats still in if not.

And oh alright hah dang we need to find you an atv then. Dont suppose i could help somehow with my setup?

@Trebrick Oh you’re right! I guess “install or restore a core” does not work neither…

You could indeed help if you have an AppleTV, but I would have to change my iCloud/iTunes Store password afterwards, which kinda sucks… (Especially because of the fact that I share it with my friends and family, they all use my account because I bought many apps since 2007 and it’s easy to just connect their phones to their iCloud and my App Store account separately!)

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker ah yah wouldnt want to have to do that i feel ya. Ill just keep a lookout for an appletv on the cheap. If only i knew how to build it i could just send you the file no?

@Trebrick Oh yeah! That would be a solution indeed if you compiled it yourself, I would help indeed!

You could not just send the certificate, now that I think of it, I think I would have to connect my own computer to the AppleTV to get the certificate authorized by Apple…

Oh well, I know a mall that has an Apple reseller which does not configure their display AppleTV specifically for in-store display only, and the people I met there last time were nice enough to let me fiddle with it!

I will try to go there with my laptop when I can…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker ah no rush to get to the store, just glad youre back hah. But yah i mean i would def give compiling a try (been meaning to give it a go anyway) though im completely in the dark… i mean ive used xcode to sign retroarch but thats about it lol

1 Like

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker just curious, do you know why the official cores wont correctly add manually? I use yours and thanks for adding the new ones, just wondering really. Im guessing permissions or something? I just remember it working while back

@Trebrick The cores permissions should read root:mobile, you can check them in Filza with the little :information_source: on the right…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker yah they arent correct, but changing it doesnt help

I know that on a Mac you can re-sign the new IPA and the cores inside with iOS App Signer

:blue_heart::blue_heart: wew :3 :blue_heart::blue_heart:

:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

Thank you @Darnassus for helping me fix the fix for the sandbox escape not working on some jailbreaks/iOS versions!

You were very helpful, would recommend you 10/10! :wink:

Hey @Weedy_Weed_Smoker i mentioned this while back and not sure if its just me, but the splash screen with the i.p address for adding roms always randomly pops up interfering with gameplay. Any way to fix this and have it show only at startup?

Also seems after updating on appletv, nito is stuck saying to update retroarch

@Trebrick Hi again!

I’m kinda confused, as I’ve NEVER seen any screen with an IP address for adding roms…

Did you ever try re-doing your main config from scratch?

Also, what do you mean after updating what on nitoTV, RetroArch itself? Cores? Something else?

RetroArchTV I just put the official binary in my Metal version, and the non-Metal one is still stuck on 1.9.0 as I didn’t get an AppleTV certificate yet…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker Sorry should have clarified better.

Sorry keep forgetting bout the no certificate. I believe the screen only shows for the tvos version. Bottom of the pageSeems one of the version updates awhile back broke it so it appears randomly instead of at app start.

Updated the metal version from 1.9.3 to 1.9.3 in nito and after reload it still says theres a retroarch update, even after several tries at it. No biggie, just bringing to your attention