[iOS/tvOS] — RetroArch 1.9.0 + cores & emulators (Download/Cydia repo)

@Trebrick Yeah, will try to get an AppleTV certificate ASAP!

For Cydia, just changing the size of the new version is enough for the update to be considered an update, but I may have to add something to the version number for nitoTV, maybe 1.9.3a or something…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker hmm im almost sure its worked before with the version numbers being the same but maybe not. Again no biggie and no rush for that certificate.

1 Like

Having weird issue i had awhile back but cant remember the solution. For whatever reason i cannot edit any playlist settings without them just auto reverting. Also seems i cant import anything to any playlist

@Trebrick On the AppleTV version?

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker haha yah unfortunately. Tested on ios and all seems fine. Think had something to do with editing playlist in filza. Someone on discord said it was a bug in some old builds back when i first had the issue march last year

one of your updates seemed to fix it as far as i can remember so not sure why its showing back up again

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker went to update in nito and the app disappeared. Went back into your repo and at the top says “(deleted) please reinstall retroarch” for each version. Clicked the tvos one and again once completed nothing happened.

(EDIT: tried again and all is working). And, the issues i had with playlists are gone!

Also is there no metal version or is it just combined now or something? Thanks

And noticed on ios when a rom is loaded and you try to go to information, retroarch crashes

@Trebrick Yeah, as the official iOS 11+ version is Metal-only, I prefer to maintain only the Metal version too…

Now the only iOS11+ and tvOS versions are the Metal one!

Information used to crash, I think it was fixed some time ago, but I may try to check when it broke again…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker ill update to 1.9.4 on ios and see if the info issue persists.

In other news, seems like they are waiting for a/the black texture fix for mupen before adding it to the official build… hopefully it gets fixed.

Oh, and the Tvos “welcome to retroarch” i.p. screen shows up at app start now. Not sure if itll show up randomly again yet. EDIT: spoke too soon lol. Too bad there isnt a way to switch on and off

@Trebrick i still have no control over the tvOS version…

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker yah i know was just letting you know for whatever reason it started working correctly after updating

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker no longer crashing when clicking information in quick menu on ios after updating to 1.9.4

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker quick heads up… deleted provenance on ios and it also deleted pretty much every file in my documents folder… that or the import process deleted everything. Ouch

WTF?

I think there was a problem on your end, deleting Provenance from Cydia never deleted anything more than what it installed for me…

The import process should be able to access ROMs in the Documents folder and move them inside Provenance’s own folders, but not delete them after uninstall…

Can you check that’s the case?

I guess i will try, just dont want it deleting anything else… not that theres anything left to delete really, besides the provenance folders containing the roms. Those werent deleted when removing provenance but everything else was. Ill give it a try and see what happens

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker can confirm the import process deletes all files in my documents folder including non roms. Only leaves folders and some filetypes like png behind. Guessing it deletes any file type that can be imported. Lol and i only downloaded it to compare something on retroarch real quick…just my luck

I should really sandbox it if it does that…

That kind of coding is kinda messed up! It should never delete user files…

Almost as bad as when i deleted the entire content of my documents folder (100+ files) trying to batch unzip/zip all my roms :confounded:. Not nearly as many files this time but still good amount. Note to self: back up documents folder frequently!

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker Ill try a diff provenance see if it still happens. I dont remember this happening before

That’s still the latest officially distributed version that I put up on my repo!

Never managed to compile Provenance properly…

Yah pretty sure i downloaded from your repo before and this didnt happen. It might just be the initial auto import for some reason.