[iOS/tvOS] — RetroArch 1.9.0 + cores & emulators (Download/Cydia repo)

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker i installed the official ipa and it also deletes files when importing. However, its using its own dedicated Documents folder because of installing the app. The cydia install of provenance uses the user Documents folder for its files and it acts the same way. Needs to have maybe a “provenance” folder first, like retroarch, in mobile/Documents

@Trebrick Yeah, hence why I should sandbox it, but I would not be able to install the required files inside the app’s Documents folder (like I currently do)…

I think I’d better remove it from the repo (and maybe leave the IPA as it would be the same as sandboxing it)…

Yah just saying its not inherently bad. Typically not deleting user files.

Just curious, does retroarch automatically create a “RetroArch” folder in mobile/Documents.

Normally yes, but I create it with all the assets and required/extra files in my repo version…

Ah so youd have to be able to compile it at least for you to be able to add the “provenance” folder first probably… if even possible?

Noticed blastem is in the osx x64 nightlies! Hopefully gets built for ios soon

Welp all this waiting for blastem was for not it seems lol. 1.9.5 allows for cores like genplus to softpatch now! Cant wait to update

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker Hi! Thank you for all the effort! What is the difference between cores flycast and flycast_no_exceptions?

Could you add melonds core to metal ipa as included cores rather than optional cores? Since melonds is a new and modern emulator for ds compared to desmume. And thanks for your contribution as the official ipa with metal seems to be glitchy in iphone.

Is there a chance to access the current compiled IPA files without using Cydia? Like this link (https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3b23i8j3tj062/RetroArch_1.9.0) but for current version? Thanks!

@SnowballPitcher I’ll try to do that the next release I make…

@AfonsoH I will update the repo, the IPAs and the buildbot soon, kinda overwhelming when I do it because of the many things to update at once, but it will happen again very soon!

Would it be possible to add JIT support to the DeSmuME core?

I’m able to use the Neko Project II Kai core on 1.9.0 but when I upgraded to 1.10.0 I can no longer find the core… has it been removed or am I missing something?

There seems to be an issue with the “Start” and “Select” button on this build. I am able to sync my mfi gamepad to my iPad, I can assign the buttons to corresponding input binds just fine, and even in the middle of the game with the retropad overlay displayed, it shows that when I hit Start and Select, it registers successfully, but the game is not receiving the Start or Select button when I hit it on the controller. Conversely when I hit the Start or Select button on the overlay controller, it has no problem receiving it. Any idea what’s going on???