iOS Version of Reicast

Wanted to know about the progress of Reicast iOS on RetroArch. Any pictures, videos or anything of it. Better yet, has anyone got anything like games to boot. The Reicast team only got the bios working with no touch screen controls the last time I checked out the GitHub page there and I have that version of the Reicast app loaded on my phone btw

No progress yet. The libretro version doesn’t build for iOS at the moment.

Ah I see. I had seen on the Libretro website that Reicast for iOS and Android will be next in the coming days/weeks. Any ETA on when it will be completed? Just wondering if it’s still in active development or if it’s been put on hold. Thanks so much and I’ll wait patiently but just need some news on it.

Twinaphex was getting a little burned out on it, so he started working on something else that’s tangentially related and should make the eventual mobile ports a little easier (hopefully). No ETA but it’s not going to be next week, for example.

Ah i see. I have the original Reicast app on my phone and only the bios boots for now. Games can run too on it

Does Reicast for iOS work on stock iOS 9? I haven’t installed in a while. If so… Where do you put the bios?

I can confirm it works on iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 Plus jailbroken but not sure about stock firmware. I put my bios in the Documents folder in var/mobile/documents. Reicast can boot up to the bios and even supports widescreen mode actually. Another guy even booted up the Crazy Taxi game up to the screen refresh selection screen but it crashed back to the home screen after selecting an option sadly. Great progress nonetheless

I have already tried Reicast on stock iOS 9 and indeed it doesn’t work. It just crashes when I open the app. I read somewhere that you must be jailbroken. It is sad because the iPhone 6s Plus is a powerful device and I know it can run Reicast well without jit… Or so I think. This situation makes me want to buy an android device. I really want to play Sonic Adventure.

Has there been any updates about Reicast for iOS? I saw on the May blog post that you guys plan to get it up and running on mobile devices. Is there any ETA for it yet?