IPAC to cfg map

Is there a list of all the keyboard keys. Lctrl rctrl rshift lshift ect

Keyboard input. Will recognize letters (“a” to “z”) and the following special keys (where “kp_”

is for keypad keys):

left, right, up, down, enter, kp_enter, tab, insert, del, end, home,

rshift, shift, ctrl, alt, space, escape, add, subtract, kp_plus, kp_minus,

f1, f2, f3, f4, f5, f6, f7, f8, f9, f10, f11, f12,

num0, num1, num2, num3, num4, num5, num6, num7, num8, num9, pageup, pagedown,

keypad0, keypad1, keypad2, keypad3, keypad4, keypad5, keypad6, keypad7, keypad8, keypad9,

period, capslock, numlock, backspace, multiply, divide, print_screen, scroll_lock,

tilde, backquote, pause, quote, comma, minus, slash, semicolon, equals, leftbracket,

backslash, rightbracket, kp_period, kp_equals, rctrl, ralt

This is from the skeleton retroarch.cfg that comes with the source code: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/blob/master/retroarch.cfg

Thank you so much for pointing this out. How can I map the Left and right Mouse button (BO and B1). Does this article still apply http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2845

input_player1_a = “h”

input_player1_b = “num6”

input_player1_y = “0”

input_player1_x = “rshift”

input_player1_start = “1”

input_player1_select = “5”

input_player1_l = “B0” – Left mouse button Help

input_player1_r = “B1” – Right mouse button Help

input_player1_left = “left”

input_player1_right = “right”

input_player1_up = “up”

input_player1_down = “down”

input_player1_l2 =“nul”

input_player1_r2 =“nul”

input_player1_l3 =“nul”

input_player1_r3 =“nul”

Yeah, to my knowledge, you can’t map retropad functions to mouse buttons.

None: 0

Joypad (RetroPad): 1

Mouse: 2

Keyboard: 3

Generic Lightgun: 4

Joypad w/ Analog (RetroPad + Analog sticks): 5

Multitap (SNES specific): 257

Super Scope (SNES specific): 260

Justifier (SNES specific): 516

Justifiers (SNES specific): 772

can we config to use Keyboard and Mouse instead of retropad?

Thanks

Everything goes through the retropad abstraction unless it’s a core that needs its own keyboard, and then it’s the retrokeyboard abstraction. Your mouse will automatically be used for lightguns (in compatible cores), though sometimes you have to set the device in settings > input, depending on the core. For Nestopia, it does it automatically as long as you have NstDatabase.xml in your system/bios folder.

I give up…

lets go back a step is there a way to setup a config for each Core and have one just for RetroArch’s Interface?

Sort of…

Most cores have ‘core input remapping,’ which lets you move core functions around on the retropad. So, for example, you could set your I-PAC to a sane default setup and then use the core input remapping to move those buttons around on specific cores (this can be especially helpful for sega genesis, which has a weird layout).

This would be a more tedious route, but there is also the ability to make game-specific config overrides, which only contain the things you want to change from the main config, and they get loaded when you load the game of the same name. These are good for dealing with individual arcade games that have odd layouts.

There are also core overrides that might do what you want but I’m not sure when they get loaded. If it’s only once the games are loaded, I think that would fit the bill nicely for you, but if they load as soon as you load the core, they would probably cause more issues than they solve. I’ve asked radius about the specific timing on it, since he’s the one that implemented them. I’ll update this post if/when he answers. EDIT: according to radius, it won’t take effect until the actual game is loaded, so this is probably a good option for you.

Resolved thanks